ATTENTION: Academy Honks

This thread will end well.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to see what happens in San Antonio.

Oh wait... that would make sense. :P

Performance order for San Antonio is based upon results from the Atlanta event, ohhh with the exception of Academy. Blue Stars and Spirit I respect your commitment to the season and the money you are spending to field quality Corps.

Edited by KevinRomano

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy will let their show do the talking when it counts. I only saw them once at their first performance. If that was any indication of what is to come, they will speak very loudly indeed and might even blow your face off.

What difference does it make how many or how few performances they do? They are either good or they're not. So far, they're looking pretty darn good to me.

Honk twice if you love Academy!

HONK! HONK!

If you were in a marathon would you have a problem with a runner entering the race fresh at the one mile mark? Would you feel good about spending every $ you had to get to each event while another spends the $ on staff, training etc.

Oh I am tired of this subject (I know some are glad to hear that) :rolleyes:

Performance order for San Antonio is based upon results from the Atlanta event, ohhh with the exception of Academy. Blue Stars and Spirit I respect your commitment to the season and the money you are spending to field quality Corps.

I swear, I coud show some of you guys a white wall and you'd swear it was black.

:rolleyes:

If you were in a marathon would you have a problem with a runner entering the race fresh at the one mile mark? Would you feel good about spending every $ you had to get to each event while another spends the $ on staff, training etc.

But DCI isn't a marathon, is it? Nor has it ever said it was. Unless you can point somewhere in the rule book that it says differently.

:beer::beer:

what about the groups that come out later in the season.... you don't like them either then i take it?

I don't see you donating the money to get Academy to Atlanta.

Allow me to give you some freindly advice - if I were you, I'd just shut up and keep quiet for a while.

Good for you, your corps is scoring high. In California. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why don't you give the rest of the country a chance to actually SEE your corps so we can form our own opinion - instead of trying to over-hype everything you do.

We get it, you're good. I congratulate the members and staff for all their work. But keep in mind that almost every other corps has been on tour, away from home for about five weeks straight. They have been battling lack of sleep, upset schedules, bus problems, bug bites, hard floors, dirty laundry and everything else a life on the road brings with it. The highlight of the week is a Wal-Mart stop.

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day. Yes, I understand the money thing, the need for a limited tour and the fact that you didn't write the rules... you only used them to your benefit (as you should have). But please keep in mind that the luxuries you enjoy today have not, and will never be enjoyed by the other full touring corps. So maybe you could tone it down a little bit.

P.S. Those of us who have been there before know that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. A lot will happen in these last few weeks.

Been to Arizona in June and July lately?

Might not be the advantage you think!!! :rolleyes:

Look up, that was my point flying over your head.

Really? I looked and saw a buzzard :rolleyes:

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day.

Isn't that how Boston did it back in the 70's and 80's? I don't recall anyone calling for them to pack it in. In fact, they were lauded by many for taking a practical approach to the activity. No disrespect to BAC - they did what they had to do, kept their noses to the grindstone, and have endured and flourished over the long haul. But why was it OK for them back then, but not for Academy now?

Maybe Academy will make finals, maybe (probably, in my opinion) not - who knows? But to say, "sorry, you're not allowed to try. Your kids didn't put in the required number of nights sleeping on gym floors," is pretty childish.

peace to all - just my $.02 worth

Fred O.