Where is everyone staying in Pasadena?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying in from the UK Monday 6th staying at Budget Inn, San Gabriel.

Staying until Monday 13th.

Where's the Hard Core Drum Corps bar?!!

staying at Budget Inn San Gabriel (1924 San Gabriel Blvd) myself from 8-12. Any suggestions from locals on getting to Rose Bowl from there.

I believe my rate through travelocity was $49/night...got round trip from Nashville, rental car and four nights at hotel for around $750

I will be at the RITZ, along with another BD alumnus!

Funny thing is that we don't live too far from Pasadena, but we are going to make the most of Championships being in Southern California.

Edited by BDguardsman

staying at Budget Inn San Gabriel (1924 San Gabriel Blvd) myself from 8-12. Any suggestions from locals on getting to Rose Bowl from there.

I believe my rate through travelocity was $49/night...got round trip from Nashville, rental car and four nights at hotel for around $750

I would say that if you are making your way to the Rose Bowl mid-day:

Take Interstate 10 - West towards Los Angeles

(If you leaving to the Rose Bowl in the AM, Go North on SG Blvd and make a left on Valley Blvd)

Get off on Garfield and go North (Right Turn)

Take Garfield and then make a left on Mission St.

From there go west on Mission St.

Make a right on Orange Grove Ave

Go North on Orange Grove Ave

Make a left on Holly St. This street will lead down the hill right into the Rose Bowl

Good Luck

Taking the 10 Fwy west a bit to Garfield and followning the route I gave to DCIroxx may be as good a way as any.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...p;#entry1930622

I would say that if you are making your way to the Rose Bowl mid-day:

Take Interstate 10 - West towards Los Angeles

(If you leaving to the Rose Bowl in the AM, Go North on SG Blvd and make a left on Valley Blvd)

Get off on Garfield and go North (Right Turn)

Take Garfield and then make a left on Mission St.

Careful here. Once you get off the 10 within two miles you will come to Mission Road, Alhambra. This as a rather strange looking street with railroad track running parallel. Do not turn there! You need to stay on Garfield many miles, crossing Huntington Drive and staying on Garfield until it becomes residential. Make your turn onto Mission Street San Marino.