San Antonio Webcast HQ

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen overall impression to me: 4 bar brass interlude followed by 4-8 bar drum interlude. Not a very cohesive musical presentation. It seemed like their brass plays maybe a total of 3 minutes of this show!

Capes = cool

BD made this ok years ago!

YAY SW next,god i hope they have a better show then Dallas,

I didn't like crossmans show as much

as much as??

I made that comment earlier in the year ... looks like they haven't fixed their marching out of step problem. Hornline members are sometimes out of step, too.

With that said ... HOLY CRAP, CROSSMEN! They've cleaned up a LOT since I last saw them in Lawrence. Wow, what a difference two weeks makes. I still have some issues with the arrangements, but overall, they sound and look great! I'm having trouble understanding why they're not placing higher NOW. Drumline was incredible, brass still a little rough in spots but sound great, drill looks MUCH cleaner.

Marching technique still needs some tweaking. The horn carriage just does NOT look good and is bound to cause upper body motion. They also need to be more uniform in their feet rolling technique - some started doing a shuffle of sorts. And the intro to the ballad is STILL too loud and a bit sudden.

Overall though, this show definitely took a second viewing for me to like it... and now I LOVE it (sans some arrangement issues).

Loved the intro with the capes.

Go Crossmen!

Am I crazy or does anyone else think that the Troopers should be ahead of Crossmen today?

Not yet..Troopers are still pretty dirty..But I still don't see why the spread is so much..