Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish

Poll  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish at the Southwestern Championships?

• Yes
    • No

I watched the last 6 corps tonight on the webcast and after seeing Crown, Coats and PR i thought PR was going to drop. They have a nice show and are good, but didn't think they were better than Crown and Coats. They have very challenging Drill for the last 90-120 seconds of their show...... and boy could you hear it! Running their butts off! But if it is not performed well how can you award it? Visually lots of transition (written) problems. Unless they have the time to fix this then i think they will stay where they are......Not bagging on the corps, because they are good.....But there are other shows out there that are better.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just interested in hearing what DCP has to say about this.

Yes. Phantom has an INCREDIBLY demanding drill, but they had some pacing, and coverage, and feet issues tonight. They are struggling with the demand in my opinion, and it's actually filtering over into some musical areas. They had some noticeable fracs tonight in brass. 6th seemed about right in my opinion. ( love their percussion line.... it's awesome this year)

Just interested in hearing what DCP has to say about this.

I think that they have a VERY nice drum corps. :) BTW, congrats to all corps competing tonight!

People who don't like them will say "See I told you they should have been, and their visual design is pitiful awful bad, and they're just awful. Just awful."

Phantom Honks (or Homers, or Phans, or what not) will rush to their defense, and if cooler heads prevail will say "You play the game (not the game) , you take what you get, you get on the bus, and you go the next show".

I think they sound fabulous. I think they look great. I think the show is not done. If they place 1st, 8th or 12th, so be it.

I have faith. Or is it phaith?

:)

SUTA!

I don't want to agree with their placement, and i was shocked, but in retrospect I think it was right. Crown tore it up, however I didn't see Bluecoats placement except for Brass, which they deserved. Hmmm, hopefully Phantom will get it together before cali

this has just been one big, unfortunate mess

after hearing the placements tonite, i actually threw up a little...in my mouth (copyrighted)

ok, so not really. but i was a bit...more like ALOT p/o'd. and it has nothing to do with the other corps jumping spots...more with PR not keeping up the pace and intensity. something's really gotta happen to get this show back where it could be.

i wish i could see the drill charts to determine how far off they really are marching it. maybe the "flocking bird" drill is just not feasible. whichever it happens to be...for GODSAKES atleast clean the music!!!

well, whatever happens i'm gonna hope for the best. what a difference three weeks need to make.

Edited by chaos001

it's total crap. i know it's not very helpful to just say "phantom is amazing," and leave it at that, but it's the truth. the music is wonderful, the drill is, from what i hear, challenging, and they're pretty much always on the move (unlike bd and cavies :/) ... it's just nonsense.

crown was good. coats were good. phantom is better. period. i don't know why phantom keeps getting slammed when the corps ahead of them play easier parts while standing still... it's a travesty.

You forgot to honk. :P

Yes, I completely agree with PR's placement in San Antonio. Their show just doesn't have the GE right now to move up. I love Phantom and am a huge fan, but their show this year (I've seen it several times) is just kinda dull to me. Sorry, but I figured they would drop this year. But, as mentioned, there's still time. Come on Phantom, get to work!

Edited by Cardman

Although I pull for Crown, this one night is unlikely to be a sure indication of things to come. I'm sure Crown, PR, and SCV will continue to battle for placements among themselves and probably with the Bluecoats as well.

From what I've seen of the two corps though, I can't /disagree/ with the placements. Crown is certainly worthy of defeating PR this year if they continue their current progress.

If you weren't there to see Phantom's performance and that of the other corps, how then can you vote?

I was there. Loved SCV, Phantom, Crown and Bluecoats. Crown's hornline is OMG friggin INCREDIBLE and terribly underrated. It was Crown's guard taking 2nd place that pushed them past Phantom.

Edited by THX 1138