The 2007 DCI QuarterFinals in Theaters.

Is it better to buy the tickets early, or is it OK just to get them at the door that day? I guess, what I'm really asking is, does DCI look better if we buy our tickets early. I'd like to make this theater manager willing to showcase DCI again in the future.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as quality goes, the audio and video has been great each time I've been to an event - the only problem I've ever had was when there was a pretty big storm and the feed was interrupted for a couple minutes. Luckily, it was in between corps. As far as making DCI look good, I think it works either way, as long as the theater sells the tickets. Buying them ahead of time might just make them happier sooner.

Is it better to buy the tickets early, or is it OK just to get them at the door that day? I guess, what I'm really asking is, does DCI look better if we buy our tickets early. I'd like to make this theater manager willing to showcase DCI again in the future.

I too want to know this information

I think it depends where you go on if you need a ticket ahead of time. It has never really been crowded the 2 years I have gone, but I just order my ticket ahead of time anyways. Some people report that they have had to turn people away at the door or have been able to open a 2nd theater in their cities.

I'll be in Lexington, at Regal. I've no complaints about that specific Regal.

Can you buy the tickets at the theater, or do you have to buy them online? i cant find anything from any theaters, or on the dci site about the avalibility at the door...

Edited by hstrmptguy09

last year at the showing i went to, the theater was silent. no one clapped or anything. is it appropriate to cheer on your corps?

I would buy them ahead of time. Depending on your location it can be pretty crowded that night with all the band students plus the corps fans. Last year they had to open up another theater so they could accommodate the crowd in Ft. Myers.