The 2007 DCI QuarterFinals in Theaters.

i'll again be at the Regal Cinema showing in Green Hills, Nashville, TN.

I hope to be in Knoxville, TN checking it out. HOPE THAT IS.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Regal at 14th Street Union Square, N.Y.C., very comfortable theater and will give free admission passes at the first sign of trouble...

I WOULD have been at the Ballston Regal Cinema in Arlington, VA; however, I will instead be at RFK Stadium in DC watching the DC United vs. LA Galaxy soccer game (AKA the "Beckham" game). I bought my ticket a few weeks ago, before I realized the conflict with the quarterfinals broadcast. The soccer game is now sold out and tickets are selling for a pretty penny on Craigslist, so I might just sell mine and end up at the theater anyway. Guess I got some deciderin' to do...

for those of you that have watched drum corps at a movie theatre before, how good is the picture and sound? Granted, different theatres have different audio capabilities, but overall, how enjoyable was it?

I'm in Ohio, and a trip to Pasadena is out of the question...luckily, there is a theatre within about 40 minutes of me...

ive watched the classic countdown in two very different locations and the sound was horrible...very low volume...with no fullness to the sound ...no bass sounds no boom or awe...hopefully the live quarterfinals thing is very different

I have been to classic countdowns as well as quarterfinals in the theatres, and the sound was awesome at each one. It really just depends on the theatre you are going to. If the sound is not loud enough, tell the management to turn it up...trust me, they will. I work in a movie theatre as a manager, and our first priority is to satisfy the customer.

for those of you that have watched drum corps at a movie theatre before, how good is the picture and sound? Granted, different theatres have different audio capabilities, but overall, how enjoyable was it?

I'm in Ohio, and a trip to Pasadena is out of the question...luckily, there is a theatre within about 40 minutes of me...

I've gone to the theater only once and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I figured either the sound would be lousy or it would blast you out of the theater. It was great- drum corps up close and personal with a few hundred of your closest friends and a cup holder to boot. Next best thing to being there... :)

And of course I have band camp during the broadcast. :(

I've been to Classic Countdown twice, and I've saw Quarter-Finals last year. The theater I was at started off at a low volume, but someone asked for it to be raised, and then it was amazing :P

The video quality was great. There are the little problems that come with it being live, and sometimes they cut to stuff that is pointless, but mostly it is great.

At any rate, I'd say spend the money!