my guesses are for:

3. Bushwackers too?

Yep. More than once.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#10 definitely excludes the Cabs LOL

2. Anyone know who marched in the most DCA Finals as a performer (not drum major, or American Section..must be horn, drum or guard)..My bet is on Mike Ryan of the Cabs who marched in 30 straight DCA finals from 1975-2004.

I'm thinking Larry Visconti for Sun may be in the running for this. I know he started in 1972...can't remember his last year marching - maybe last year or the year before.

5. Is there anyone out there who marched in all 3 of DCA's worst quagmires..the 1987 DCA prelims, the 1999 finals and the 2006 prelims? ( 2 of them were in Allentown ) I'm thinking Larry again...not sure if he marched last year or not but I know he was there in 87 and 99.

#8 Rochester Phoenix in 1975. (Yeah, no Open or Class A back then)

How about last all male corps in DCA. Guessing Cabs or Sky in late 1970s. This was answered somewhere but I forget.

How about longest gap for a playing member (not Honor Guard) between DCA Finals. Have a friend who played sop for 1978 Westshoremen and 2005 Carolina Gold with nothing in between.

What about Inspires for #8 too

you can add Renegades to the list for number 8.....

Was that first year competing for Renegades? And I thought Inspires had been around before they went to DCA.

Also: (who'd I miss?)

List former Junior corps that did DCA

Blessed Sac

Blue Rock

Des Plaines Vanguard

Pine Tree Warriors from Maine (not sure on this one)

Corps that went inactive and came back:

Brigadiers

Crusaders

Sunrisers

Westshoremen

(Hoping to add Sky to this list in 2008)

To answer the all male question, that was the '81 Cabs. Also Bush made finals in their first competitive year as well. Curt Hawkins has the longest gap between awards. The uniform changes..I am talking major modifications, with either new style or color schemes. Bucs from 2004 to 2005 would be considered a uniform change...Cabs from 2005 to 2006 ( new uniforms in 2006) would not be considered a change. I am thinking Rochester Crusaders had the most changes in the DCA era. Years ago someone published a book on Baseball uniforms of the 20th century where you could see year by year by team the various uniforms. It would be cool to see that for drum corps. If I ever hit the lottery, I would sponser a "throw back" drum corps show and let the fans decide what uniform in a corps past they want to see the current corps perform in. The cost of the uniforms would be paid by the sponser for a one night only perforrmance and then auctioned off, proceeds going back to the corps.

Name the only corps to both win DCA and come in dead ### last in Prelims. :lookaround:

Name the only corps to both win DCA and come in dead ### last in Prelims. :lookaround:

Just a guess but I would have to day Westshoremen...

Just a guess but I would have to day Westshoremen...

Yep.... and my second competition was the day we came in last at Prelims. :lookaround: