2008 DCI Rule Proposals

I'd love to see a proposal to remove at least mic'd vocals, if not amps altogether. It's just not needed...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You bet :)

Well, folks, it's either this or the VFW's stranglehold on everything.

dccorpsfan. I know you are young and I have read many of your post and I do feel that you really want to learn the history of DC. But when you make comments like this you have no clue about VFW and the so called straglehold they had. When you say stranglehold you mean they made sure every Corps received money at every show no matter what Div they were in? You mean having State and National Finals Shows every year. You mean overseeing hundereds and hundereds of Corps instead of under hundered today. You mean treating all Corps with respect by scoring them on one sheet. And by stranglehold you mean by not forcing Corps to do a national tour no matter if they could not afford it or not. And the fact that they let Shows like Dream, the US Open, and CYO to name a few, to draw the Corps that they did with out stoping them. Do you really think that if the founding fathers of DCI 35 years ago would of know that what they started back then because they wanted more say in the money and rule changes would of lead to only 22 Div.I corps they would of started what they did. I for one say no. These were and are great men in the Drum and Bugle Corps Activity. They wanted more growth instead of less. IMO DCI has more of a stranglehold on this Activity then VFW ever had.

Ya know... if the spotlight idea were ever to be voted in, they may as well take the next step. Make the fields white, so they can be used as projection screens! Just imagine the creative possibilities of having any background on the field to set drill to. Once you put lighting into the hands of the individual corps, almost anything is possible!

Of course, this is coming from a guy that doesn't even care for amplification, but hey... why fight it? ^0^

Ya know... if the spotlight idea were ever to be voted in, they may as well take the next step. Make the fields white, so they can be used as projection screens! Just imagine the creative possibilities of having any background on the field to set drill to. Once you put lighting into the hands of the individual corps, almost anything is possible!

Of course, this is coming from a guy that doesn't even care for amplification, but hey... why fight it? ^0^

Actually, this type of field is in the works by some company (I forgot the name).

The "grass" is just like the new "field turf" that's been popular lately. Except each blade of "grass" is filled with some sort of fiber optic stuff. Get a computer, plug in some cables. Bam. You have a grass field that's also a big screen TV.

Actually, this type of field is in the works by some company (I forgot the name).

The "grass" is just like the new "field turf" that's been popular lately. Except each blade of "grass" is filled with some sort of fiber optic stuff. Get a computer, plug in some cables. Bam. You have a grass field that's also a big screen TV.

Can you imagine a corps getting ahold of this type of field...and programming the drill dots into the matrix for rehearsal??? This COULD be the next leap for instruction...

"You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"

Dr. Evil.

I want to be able to go to a Latin Mass. Oh wait, wrong rules proposals.

I'd love to see a proposal to remove at least mic'd vocals, if not amps altogether. It's just not needed...

As a Drum corps fan I dont wanna hear feedback from a mic on an amp thank you.

It happened with a corps Pitt in Michigan City. I don't wanna pay to hear that! :worthy: I wanna hear drum corps ^OO^ :worthy:

Edited by Supersop08

Wow. That will have a serious impact on a lot of outdoor activities. It'll sure make the Superbowl halftime more interesting. To that company, I can only say.... :worthy: