15. Crossmen 76.8

16. Pacific Crest 76.28333333

17. Madison Scouts 75.94

18. Mandarins 74.34166667

19. Cascades 74.05

20. Southwind 73.845

21. Troopers 73.125

22. Pioneer 69.28

That crap is just not right man. NOT RIGHT!!!

Edited by passionatedc

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it. It's just a formality and by Saturday evening all corps will be in the correct placements.

Why??

^0^

I'm sorry, but it IS right. The directors agreed to this system before the season even started, so they certainly cannot complain.

For that matter, I don't recall anyone complaining about this possibility at the beginning of the season. In fact, I remember a lot of people extolling The Acadeny's good sense for not over-reaching on their financial commitments and doing a full-blown tour just because it is their first season in division 1. The impression then was that The Academy would be a threat even with a diminished tour (and were generating comparisons to Star of Indiana with their possible entrance into Finals their first year in Division 1). Why is it NOW such a problem when they actually turned out to be that "threat"? Were people okay with it because they did not actually believe The Academy would succeed?

Were people okay with it because they did not actually believe The Academy would succeed?

Umm...yeah, probably.... <**>

(and were generating comparisons to Star of Indiana with their possible

Academy WILL NEVER Be Star of Indiana. those comparisons are extremely invalid.

And I do not believe that The Academy ever had their sights set on being the next Star. As far as I can tell, they have stood by their mission statement and long range plans to build a successful corps that will continue to flourish in the future.

If people do not like the quarterfinals situation that was created, they need to talk to the directors of the corps they support so that a change can be made. But maybe we should all wait to see what the schedule for Thursday actually is.

There are pro's and con's to their schedule this year. Luckily they will march on the same field with everyone else this coming week and the numbers will fall where they fall. So sit back and enjoy the end to what has been an incredibe season of drum corps!

Edited by renthead09

Crappy draw for Troopers- hope it doesn't hurt them :(

But then again, that means that the broadcast will start with Madison- talk about a hot opening! b**bs

I'm sorry, but it IS right. The directors agreed to this system before the season even started, so they certainly cannot complain.

For that matter, I don't recall anyone complaining about this possibility at the beginning of the season. In fact, I remember a lot of people extolling The Acadeny's good sense for not over-reaching on their financial commitments and doing a full-blown tour just because it is their first season in division 1. The impression then was that The Academy would be a threat even with a diminished tour (and were generating comparisons to Star of Indiana with their possible entrance into Finals their first year in Division 1). Why is it NOW such a problem when they actually turned out to be that "threat"? Were people okay with it because they did not actually believe The Academy would succeed?

just like any sport/activity, the plans laid out in the offseason don't always trickle down to the common fan until the season is well underway. remember when it was decided that the winner of the MLB All Star Game would get homefield advantage. how many people first discovered that by the time the world series arrived?

plus when a rule is changed, how it is received or how it even plays out is undetermined until it's actually put into effect. that's when fans/corps get a feel for how it will work, and whether they're for or against it.