So sad

20 years becomes vintage, doesn't it? Next year, Chris--next year. Or is that classic? Probably classic, being Phantom!

'95 was my age-out, too. Only got to do 94. I think I've got one of the black uni shirts somewhere. Unfortunately, none of mine wear out--I have, umm, 'aged out' of them. Meaning, when you stop eating PB&J for every meal you put on pounds real quick!

PR had some quilts last year at the reunion--kind of cool! By the decades, I believe!

And I like the idea of framing it. Hang it up in your cube/office and others will just have to ask occassionally!

Got some 91 shirts, 94, 95, 96 (I think), maybe a 'Ring,' then took a few years off. Picked up again last year. Now I've got new t-shirt's from the last two years again! Nice having new!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter went off to live in Germany with her mom - likes to use my big t-shirts to sleep in. I opened up my closet and told her to take as many as she wanted. I'm now down 1 Phantom, 2 Vanguard, and 2 Scouts t-shirts. (I buy alot of Corps shirts).... Oh well, at least they are put to good use!

A very long time ago (like, when I came home from tour) my mom swiped my 89 SCV shirt with the Phantom mask and the star, and the tour dates. Family's important, but you have to draw the line someplace. LOL.

Focus on the good times. Your dear shirt is in a better place now.

Yeah, in a landfill...

I feel your pain. My 92 Cadets shirt died a LONG, painful death. I don't know if the quality wasn't all that great on it or if it was just the fact that I wore it A LOT. Four and a half more years of drum corps and then real life after that. I miss my shirt with the old plane and Helen Keller quote on it. I can still quote it, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing..." There were just so many holes in that poor thing by the time I "let it go." Sadly, the logo and quote were not salvagable for a pillow because I would have definitely done that if it was possible.

I think I'm going to head off into a corner now and cry for just a bit.

I still have my "Come to the edge" shirt from that year.. it's one of my favorites but I never wear it. I should pull it out one of these days!

If the VK red tennis shoe was the undisputed champion of drum corps t-shirts, the Cadets' '93 "When Kings Go Off to War" was surely the runner up. That's why I was so terribly sad yesterday when I had to put that beautiful green T with its sword emblazoned on the back in the trash. It had survived some minor stains. It couldn't survive a fatal tear in mid-back.

I had the foresight years ago to buy a second VK red shoes. Alas, no such smarts for '93 CBC. So sad.

HH

I feel your pain. My 92 Cadets shirt died a LONG, painful death. I don't know if the quality wasn't all that great on it or if it was just the fact that I wore it A LOT. Four and a half more years of drum corps and then real life after that. I miss my shirt with the old plane and Helen Keller quote on it. I can still quote it, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing..." There were just so many holes in that poor thing by the time I "let it go." Sadly, the logo and quote were not salvagable for a pillow because I would have definitely done that if it was possible.

I think I'm going to head off into a corner now and cry for just a bit.

Save it!

Use them to make a t-shirt quilt....that's what I did with all my "retired" ones. :)

I posted this not too long ago:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...86&hl=shirt

Is that the VK shirt you are speaking of? I shipped it to someone on DCP, not sure if they got it, hadn't heard anything from them. I also shipped the Phantom "Back in Black" and the Bridgemen shirts to someone on DCP, but again am not sure they received them, didn't hear anything. Took the rest of them to Goodwill last week. Regretfully, I didn't realize that the Bluecoats and SCV shirts were still in the pile, and they went too (I wanted to keep them). If people out there are wanting shirts like this for any reason, they should have spoke up then.

I feel your pain. I lost my 1984 Garfield Cadets shirt when it got cut off of me in the emergency room. For a while I entertained the idea of sewing on a zipper, but the visual was just too silly.

My 79 Spirit of Atlanta t-shirt and 80 27th Lancers Olympics baseball shirt pretty much fell to pieces.

That reminds me of a shirt I wore all the time in high school. it was a Cadets shirt with a Tolkien quote..."I wish you could have heard their song as they marched. it was very exciting. but i thought it was only marching music. just a song...until i got here. i know better now."

that shirt completely rocked. i wore it until it practically came apart...and now it's up to the Cadets to resurrect the design and make me a new one. I need to tell Hop!

I really like the sound of this shirt. Seems like something i would really love. If anyone finds a site or something that may have some of these, definitely put it up.