Cadets fans!

Just as a show featuring a soloist who plays 40% of the time would be chastized-so should inordinately featured vocals. It is especially exacerbated by the use of amplification which gives one person even MORE power relative to the other 130. Totally and obviously (and effectively) distasteful. to say nothing of the content of the vocals, which is totally subjective - but that's a whole seperate objection. There are more...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So then... why is this stuff being posted in a thread clearly for fans of the Cadets? :beer:

Go Cadets! My wife, and father watched you rehearse in Portland, and you blew us away at the show that night!

Your horn line is the best I have ever heard, and your color guard has improved so much this season! Of course, your drum line is great as well! Props to a great drum corps! I absolutely love the ending to your show! The 220 bpm, and wonderful, powerful sound is amazing!

We are definitely rooting for you to take it all! No matter what, you are all winners to have mastered the show you have this year!

Congrats!

Nate

Hey Cadets fans lets get some positive thoughts going here and celebrate the greatness of the Cadets this season! Let some continue to moan and complain about narration, amps, Hopkins, blah, blah, blah......... This is quite possibly the best Drum Corps to ever enter the field for competition and they are to be celebrated and praised for their work ethic, talent and professionalism. Some will choose to complain no matter what the Cadets do, I choose to sit back and enjoy the ride the Cadets are on right now. The accomplishment of bouncing back from a disappointing 2006 season the way the Cadets have done can not be overstated; what a great orginazation! I am extremely proud of the Cadets! I am so excited for the young adults that are the Cadets, the staff, the volunteers and all the special individuals that make up this great organization! :beer: Man do I wish I could be in California with them right now :(

I would argue that the 2005 version of the Cadets was and will remain for some time as the finest Cadets drum corps to take the field.

But, saying that...this year's corps is smokin' hot. Blue Shades was a perfect choice for them. They play loud, good and just lay it all out there night after night. This corps of young men and women are very strong and should be lauded for their efforts.

Congratulations to the marching members of the Cadets and to those who feed them and make sure they get from show to show.

10th DCI victory

where'd you get 12?

Momentary brain stall?

Sorry, good luck going for your 10TH!!! :beer:

I like the Cadets' show this year - I thought the narration was too much early in the season, but the mid-season cuts they made really made a world of difference. The show became much cleaner, tighter and more powerful from a GE standpoint (IMO, of course), and helped turn it into the title favorite.

My mantra has always been that if you're going to add voice, just do it well, and don't be cheesy. While the closer narration is pushing it ( :) ), it's still very well done in terms of the overall production.

Mike

Just as a show featuring a soloist who plays 40% of the time would be chastized-so should inordinately featured vocals. It is especially exacerbated by the use of amplification which gives one person even MORE power relative to the other 130. Totally and obviously (and effectively) distasteful. to say nothing of the content of the vocals, which is totally subjective - but that's a whole seperate objection. There are more...

Learn some math. Not only is the narration less than 40% of the show (probably half that...or less). Even then, much of the narration is over the top of the music, and is not a 'solo'. I grow tired of cadet bashers grossly exaggerating the facts to make their points......

Someone quick! Start a BD or Cavies lover thread so I can pop in and #### on the coats.

Hey Cadets fans lets get some positive thoughts going here and celebrate the greatness of the Cadets this season! Let some continue to moan and complain about narration, amps, Hopkins, blah, blah, blah......... This is quite possibly the best Drum Corps to ever enter the field for competition and they are to be celebrated and praised for their work ethic, talent and professionalism. Some will choose to complain no matter what the Cadets do, I choose to sit back and enjoy the ride the Cadets are on right now. The accomplishment of bouncing back from a disappointing 2006 season the way the Cadets have done can not be overstated; what a great orginazation! I am extremely proud of the Cadets! I am so excited for the young adults that are the Cadets, the staff, the volunteers and all the special individuals that make up this great organization! :satisfied: Man do I wish I could be in California with them right now :(

I have to say that I have been very impressed with the Cadets this season. I was a skeptic at the beginning of the season, (although I've learned Hop is not the guy to underestimate), and to be honest, I still dislike most of the cheesy narration. I did sense a great brass book the first time I heard it though. To their credit, they've trimmed a good deal of the narrative fat. But regardless, this is an outstanding drum corps, with an excellent book start to finish. I just hope Hop realizes that this silly narration is really a secondary issue with this show. Bottom line is these guys are marching and playing their a##es off, and I'm sure they would score just as well (or better) without the cheese. Job well done for Hop, his fine staff, and the Cadets on a great season.

Edited by oldtimedrummer