Booing and the Cadets

"fans like this" what are you implying? My question is why is it any different booing an opposing(football) team, then it is a drum corps dont athletes give lots of time and effort to get at the level they are at also.(and I do not want to see a post that THEY ARE PAID)

Edited by CoreyD

Booing is horrible, but my god, what is even worse is your skills at spelling. I've read many of your anti-cadets posts and your point is moot by the fact that your (should be you're) practically 21 and can't even spell terrible, or tomorrow. Seriously, look into getting firefox so that we may be spared.

If you're going to complain about spelling, please look at yourself first.

DCP helped create 'fans like this'.

Look for your straw man somewhere else.

DCP is only a place where you can assert and vocalize your own opinions.

If people choose to act a certain way because of what they read/heard on DCP, RAMD, Drum Corps World...or anywhere else...then that's not the fault of the source, it lies entirely on those that read it and choose to be influenced by it.

I can read "Anarchists Cookbook" and not build a bomb. I can read DCP and not follow along with something even if it is popular opinion or mob mentality.

Personal responsibility: it's a game the whole family can play.

For those of you who think narration is driving away fans, think of the first time DCI fan who was present during that embarrassing display. I would certainly think twice before attending again.

Bingo.

Wanna know something sad. The first ever drum major of the Holy Name Cadets, a 1934 age out if you will, who happens to live in the area, was not even aware his corps still existed. Through a special set of circumstances, he and his 93 year old wife were given press box seats to view the show. Wonder how he feels.... :(

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?amp;page=New...ws_iv_ctrl=1021

No one said it's illegal, however the people that are 110% against it are the same condescending ######## that are for narration and kiss Hopkins ### with every move he makes.

And another fine example of an excuse to boo. How do you know what I think about narration or George Hopkins because I'm against booing?

And the people against booing are condescending a--------?

What an interesting world view you hold.

In psychology, this is called "projection"

Edited by MikeN

Dangit, "the why do corps hate the Cadets thread was removed."

Someone suggested it was,

because of the amplification and speaking...

I think there is a lot more to it than that.

When I marched in the 84, I didn't like them. We (my friends and I) made fun of them all season, they were different, maybe they were a little too intellectual for me, I was pretty immature.

When I watched them at prelims that season, I was blown away. I'd seen them all season long but I didn't get it until the end. It was a pretty humbling experience really, a moving performance that I will allways remember.

I think finally getting them was a big part of my growing up as a musician.

So, I think their intellectualism comes across nerdy because it challenges us to move outside of ourselves. They have been that way for as long as I can remember.

Edited by zentropa

No one said it's illegal, however the people that are 110% against it are the same condescending ######## that are for narration and kiss Hopkins ### with every move he makes.

<edited for filter circumvention - miken>

Nope, try again. I am against booing. I am also generally against narration (believe it or not), and I also think george is a pretty big ######## most of the time. Doesnt mean i dont respect the guy, and it doesnt make booing ok. Once again, lame justification of why booing is ok "we cant explain it, so lets discredit the people who think it's wrong"

And another fine example of an excuse to boo. How do you know what I think about narration or George Hopkins because I'm against booing?

And the people against booing are condescending a--------?

What an interesting world view you hold.

I'm not making excuses. You are reading into it a tad too much.

Did I boo? No.

Was I there? No.

Do I think Hoppy should have been boo'd. Yes, he has no class and deserves no class back.

Should the kids of the corps be boo'd. No, absolutely not!

Bingo.

Wanna know something sad. The first ever drum major of the Holy Name Cadets, a 1934 age out if you will, who happens to live in the area, was not even aware his corps still existed. Through a special set of circumstances, he and his 93 year old wife were given press box seats to view the show. Wonder how he feels.... :(

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?amp;page=New...ws_iv_ctrl=1021

Sorry - OT a bit, but that story is very, very cool.

Okay, back to booing talk.

Mike