The Cadets at Quarterfinals

This is ridiculous. The Cadets deserved to get the penalty, because they delayed the show, and that's that. Mr. Hopkins apparently believes that he can do whatever the heck he wants to and doesn't have to pay the consequences (apparently, he doesn't...). Shame on DCI for giving in to him. There was absolutely NO reason for him to delay the show to make them re-paint those hash marks. The Cavaliers did just fine without them...and what about 1996? In 1996, the Cadets marched their show with absolutely no hash marks (in the Olympic closing ceremonies).

96, 96, 96, 96....

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so am i invited to the wedding? you and hoppy with make a beautiful couple

If you read half of what I've said, you'd realize how silly you sound. As I've said in many 'a posts, I am AGAINST voice and mics.

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp:

This is ridiculous. The Cadets deserved to get the penalty, because they delayed the show, and that's that. Mr. Hopkins apparently believes that he can do whatever the heck he wants to and doesn't have to pay the consequences (apparently, he doesn't...). Shame on DCI for giving in to him. There was absolutely NO reason for him to delay the show to make them re-paint those hash marks. The Cavaliers did just fine without them...and what about 1996? In 1996, the Cadets marched their show with absolutely no hash marks (in the Olympic closing ceremonies).

1. If you MUST BLAME someone, blame DCI, not Mr. Hopkins, not the Cadets.

2. We're now hearing he was TOLD by JUDGES he could leave the field without pain of penalty. He did so.

3. The Cavies are KNOWN for their marching skills. Which present 2 problems for me in this discussion. A) in all the Cavies marching, which is considerable, they could have taken a hashmark from 90% to 75%. And B) no one doubts the Cavies marching skills, I am sure they could march their show without hashmarks.

4. I have no idea but did the Cadets actually MARCH their SHOW at the Olympics?

Sean

w/Stp:

Yeah - uh - the field "painters" were mia / the first hour long break they tool almost the whole time just to repaint the main (center of the field) yard lines.

By the time Cadets came on the field hash-marks were non-existent.

Question should be- why wasn't DCI ontop of this???

Mr. Hopkins apparently believes that he can do whatever the heck he wants to and doesn't have to pay the consequences (apparently, he doesn't...). Shame on DCI for giving in to him. There was absolutely NO reason for him to delay the show to make them re-paint those hash marks.

OK, Eddie, You don't like mine? I'll use other peoples words.

Damage control.

Ah, one of those?

Trust no one, question everything.

Sean

w/Stp:

Yeah - uh - the field "painters" were mia / the first hour long break they tool almost the whole time just to repaint the main (center of the field) yard lines.

By the time Cadets came on the field hash-marks were non-existent.

Question should be- why wasn't DCI ontop of this???

THAT is the question. And now DCI has given us the answer. They weren't.

Infact we're even hearing the Mr. Hopkins ASKED about this situation before leaving the field and was given the OK by JUDGES!

Sean

w/Stp:

:beer::beer: *insert beating-dead-horse-emoticon here*

Carolina Crown, what?