Thank you Cadets

the end....

I followed the corps off the field, back up the tunnel and hung out for a few minutes. I shook the hand of every drummer and felt like their brother for that last 20 minutes that I spent with the corps.

Drained.

Humbled.

Inspired.

I can’t thank the corps enough for showing me such a personal, warm and enriching time. It was a special time to be able to be in the presence of and watch the actions of the Georges, Ginos, Toms and Aprils that I’ve respected so much for their creativity and leadership… to feel the ghost of Zingali hovering close by and the awesome presence of over 70 years of heritage pouring out of the corps. But what I will carry with me from now on is the sense of respect and honor that the members gave me in our conversations and their demonstration of professionalism and focus that I witnessed during our day together….( And smiley face shaped chicken patties.)

The next time I listen to the Cadets show, I will not hear voices being amplified. I will feel feelings being sent from their heart to mine and I will know that one day in July in Colorado, I was a Cadet.

Thank You CADETS.

Great posting. If the Cadets are nothing else they will always be a classy organization. I'm glad you shared that, it is an example of why I have been drawn to this activity for a very long time.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To every person involved with The Cadets this year:

Thank you for a spectacular show, something that continued to bring me to my feet and to tears. I had the pleasure of seeing you four times over the season (including the very first and very last shows), of seeing the determination and sweat that is put into rehearsals, of sitting directly in front of the horn arc at semifinals warmup and having my face blown off. You've inspired me to pick up my baritone even more every day, to go running even when I don't feel like it, to push myself to work harder so that I can perhaps soon join your ranks. Maybe some people didn't like the show, the voice, the narration... but the concept and idea of your production got through to me (and many others, judging by the looks of this thread...). Congratulations on a great season, and thanks again.

Amber Abbott

Thank you for a spectacular show, something that continued to bring me to my feet and to tears. I had the pleasure of seeing you four times over the season (including the very first and very last shows), of seeing the determination and sweat that is put into rehearsals, of sitting directly in front of the horn arc at semifinals warmup and having my face blown off. You've inspired me to pick up my baritone even more every day, to go running even when I don't feel like it, to push myself to work harder so that I can perhaps soon join your ranks. Maybe some people didn't like the show, the voice, the narration... but the concept and idea of your production got through to me (and many others, judging by the looks of this thread...). Congratulations on a great season, and thanks again.

Amber Abbott

And I can't wait to see you out there enjoying it as much as I did...

....and when you make it, I will be screaming your name at every show I attend.....

Two huge positives about the Cadets show; one about semis and one for both nights.

I was blown out of the water when I saw a unison dance/hop movement thing between a guard member and a trumpet player at semis. To my untrained eye, it seemed that the angles of the limbs and body movements were dead on.

The trumpet with that solo with performed with incredible ownership.

Having only seen the show these two times, and having a bad memory, I have one stupid question: were these one and the same person?

Edited by ravedodger

Two huge positives about the Cadets show; one about semis and one for both nights.

I was blown out of the water when I saw a unison dance/hop movement thing between a guard member and a trumpet player at semis. To my untrained eye, it seemed that the angles of the limbs and body movements were dead on.

The trumpet with that solo with incredible ownership.

Having only seen the show these two times, and having a bad memory, I have one stupid question: were these one and the same person?

doubt it. That trumpet player isnt really the dancing type. He is the 'solo' type though, you could say it runs in his family :P

I WAS AT FINALS AND THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! DEFENATELY SHOULD HAVE WON...

I'll second that. I think their show was too busy getting hated on for people to realize the message they were sending in their show, which was how much these kids love drum corps. I love drum corps, and Im lucky to have participated. Hopefully now that finals is over, people will relax with the anti-voice stuff and actually listen to what they said.

Yeah I agree. I used to hate the show just cause of that, but then when I started to pay attention to what they were saying it really makes the show work, and I think I like it better with narration than I would without.

I personally can't decide who shoulda won though, both corps were neck and neck to me.

I personally can't decide who shoulda won though, both corps were neck and neck to me.

I guess the older I get, the less it matters who wins. To me placement is only important for recruiting and funding, which are obviously very important. I was entertained at semi's and finals that's what counts. That said, I also think it was a toss up, but wish PR would have placed better, as well as Bluecoats. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a judge.

Edited by ravedodger

No question the show was demanding, and beautifully performed, but the most demanding? Sorry that's a stretch in my book.

Then your bias is really showing.

Amber Abbott

I hope you do join their ranks, as I did from 70-72. You could not select a better place to participate.