2008 show ideas

Do something from the Dallas Band, Polyphonic Spree "IM SERIOUS" these guys are unique and there stuff is hot!

here is their MySpace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=183996390

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would love it if we re-did stormworks

For the time being, I'm just throwing out individual pieces.

If Crown were to revisit Melillo, one piece that should be on the plate should be "Godspeed!"

Someone else posted waaaay back on pg. 1 that PC should do a California-themed show. Fine with me as long as they use "Hotel California" for their ballad. It's actually funny too since I was listening to it a couple days ago in the car and thought what corps should do outside of their "shell". My first pick to do "HC" then would have been SCV.

I think Crossmen would have a good time with Five for Fighting's "The Riddle" as an opener.

I've mentioned it the past few years (and I know it would be most unrealistic), but BD doing "Cherokee" per the GRP All-Star Big Band as a closer (similar to '88) would pump my nads.

Perhaps Pioneer's next show can be called "Jig This!" and open with Michael Brecker's "Itsbynne Reel".

######, now I have to look at my cd collection and iTunes to see what else there could be.

Edited by Wildabeast

I don't know if any corps can get the rights to this, but I think this would be a winner

A show based on the music of Thomas Newman

I too think his music is worthly of he field and have been waiting for someone to do it.

I WISH A CORPS WOULD DO JURRASIC PARK!!!!

So, I'm thinking that now that this narration thing is catching on... why not kill two birds with one stone?

Turn EVERY night into Bingo night.

Sell cards before the show... call out the numbers during the show. You could play 'The Farmer in the Dell' or 'Chopsticks'... people are going to sit themselves down, pay attention, and I guarantee NO ONE will be talking during your show (those old ladies that are hard of hearing can be mighty mean).

... and... on top of it all... you clear a few extra grand a night on top of show fees.

(Note to VK: I am actually serious)

or dig into some WORD JAZZ by Ken Nordine

http://www.wordjazz.com/

Its crazy that a band like DT(or opeth) can have ONE song that would work out into the corps show. Where as some bands, you have to use like...5 or 6 songs to get an 11:30 minute show.

Gotta love progressive metal! \m/

That's exactly why it would work!

Although finding a nice break or slow point might be an issue. B)

Are you serious? Because I absolutely love "Trivandrum", the opener in 2002. It's my favorite original composition in drum corps.

Except that it really wasn't very much of an original composition...listen to Stravinsky's Symphony in C (or is it Symphony in Three Movement?). Clearly parts of it are lifted directly from his works...

M