Phantom Regiment 2007

Thursday at quarter finals Phantom went on just at sunset. The panels on the field matched the sky. There were several times when they were doing the "flocking" type movements when it looked like they really were floating on air!

It was one of those magical moments you could never plan.

I also loved how the only panel to show a bit of light was where the Euph soloist played the opening solo to Firebitd.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUTA, baby. Just get better guard unis next year, please. And maybe a few less dudes in the guard would be nice, too.

SUTA, baby. Just get better guard unis next year, please. And maybe a few less dudes in the guard would be nice, too.

Made me chuckle. I was very proud of the corps this year--way to end strong, once again. But, I would definitely like to see the headrests put to bed--and less dudes in the guard. :P

SUTA!

Let's see Phantom return to "old school" Phantom. A full female guard and resurrect the "Phantomettes" nickname. Dark symphonic music like Mahler, Strauss, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky (maybe)........ and in your face power impact points - not ending with a sudden tapering off in dynamic and spin to back field - but BAM in your face here we are! Make an even stronger opening than Faust!

I <3 PHANTOM REGIMENT!!!!!!!!!! :worthy::beer::beer::beer::doh::beer::beer::beer::doh:

So perfectly put, Chris. Phantom Regiment keeps my drum corps obsession alive year after year by keeping heart & passion in the activity. 2007 was another amazing year. I can't wait to see what they do next.

Harvey

Phantom Regiment, IMHO, is the essence of what drum corps SHOULD be.... music and visuals that transcent the listerner/viewer to another time and place for 11 minutes while taking transcriptions of classical works far beyond their original intent and doing so in the most beautiful and erridescent way. That has been their tradition and they have YET to leave it for the sake of pleasing some in DCI with all the foibles such as narration and over done electronic amplification.

This year was no exception, and "On Air" was exactly that, floating, powerful and yes, even magical at times. I think the judges weren't clear on the theme, but thats ok, as Regiment never plays to the judges, only the score sheets. Only they do what they do - HOW they do it.

I am so proud of you guys for sticking to you're tradition. THANK PR Staff for once again making us see & hear what drum corps SHOULD be like and is when the Regiment performs your arrangements & drill.

We may not have won the DCI Title, but Regiment certainly won the hearts of thousands of fans without having to hold a top 3 spot!!

Can't wait till next year! Staff -- STAY WHERE YOU ARE -- there is a ring forthcoming! Wait and see!

THANK YOU 'PHANTOM REGIMENT' members, staff and volunteers -- you have made me enjoy yet another Drum Corps season!

SUTA!

Trisha Longo

It is just unfortunate that those judging GE and Visual didn't appreciate the show more (subjective). Considering the corps finished 2nd in the music captions, better representation in the other two catagories would have provided an interesting result.

RM - Rock On PR

ampssuck

From the first APD, to the first five minutes seeing them live in Rome, NY, all the way to the semi webcast, I have loved this year's show.

Balance---balance between sections, between musical selections, between moods, AWESOME job PR!!!

In Rome, the staff asked for the corps to lead the audience through the show. Not just get their attention at the impacts points, but to grab them and pull them through all 11.5 minutes.

They lead me through 2 months.

THANKS PR!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::worthy::lol::lol::worthy::worthy::lol::lol: