Junior division in DCA?

Renegades have a self-imposed 18 and over rule and haven't been penalized by DCA for it.

Although we have rightly earned penalties for almost everything else. :P

I heard a rumor that we were going to get a penalty for having to many hot lesbians on the field this year.

I also heard that the penalty was going to be awarded with positive points insted of negative points.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a rumor that we were going to get a penalty for having to many hot lesbians on the field this year.

I also heard that the penalty was going to be awarded with positive points insted of negative points.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Now thats what Im talkin about!!!!

Edited by WayBackBuc

What a novel idea!

Of course this would lead to wide spread chaos. All these Junior corps with great ideas from DCI and then the voting in of officers for DCA from other parts of the country.

Naw ain't going to happen. The northeast won't let go.

What a novel idea!

Of course this would lead to wide spread chaos. All these Junior corps with great ideas from DCI and then the voting in of officers for DCA from other parts of the country.

Naw ain't going to happen. The northeast won't let go.

Ahh....I remember something like that very well. The Northeast and Midwest were the only roosters in the barn yard. Suddenly names like Anehiem, Santa Clara and Concord started popping up all over the place, and we were saying "Who are these people, why are they so good, and where did they come from anyway?" The west coast corps' had a profound effect on the Jr. corps' activity. It's easy to visualize the same thing happening in DCA.

Wow! Thanks for all the great replies!

Here's the actual spot where I saw it mentioned. It's about page 3 or 4. http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...02995&st=20

It was just a little tiny mention in another thread.

The reason why it caught my interest is that we are located right in the middle of the DCA area. The div ii/iii corps are in short supply in the mid-Atlantic (Raiders, Surf - rumored to be petitioning for d1, Spirit of NJ). When the Garden State Circuit was around, we would have had plenty of show opportunities. Right now, Lewisburg, Annapolis, Chambersburg and Reading are all close to us with the NJ and NY shows being doable too. If I want to perform in DCI shows (once we pass all required rules for either group), I would have the YEA shows (if we were let in) and maybe a slim chance at an Allentown appearance (but a small d2/3 corps is going to get passed over for Bucs or Bridgemen easily). I want my membership to be youth. We have youth that need to be served. Reading is up the road. They attract a completely different type of marcher than what we are looking at to start. So a junior division would be ideal for my program. I don't know if DCA is even interested in pursuing this option. It would save me a lot of money on touring fees. Yes, it would extent the season which would be harder for college students. This could also create a more nuclear corps - meaning they all actually come from the same area. I was in college when I marched Reading. I still made it to shows.

Thanks for all of the great conversation!

It would be a great idea but might it add more time for prelims? School has either started or will start right after Labor Day. DCA would have to have championships the weekend after DCI's thus making the season shorter.

The more the merrier I say but I can't see more minds trying to change what DCA already has.

I don't see the need for a "Junior" division, but why couldn't junior corps compete in the current DCA divisions? Are there any rules saying a corps couldn't be in both DCI & DCA? Wouldn't it be cool to see Radiers, VK, Spirit of NJ, Cap Sound, etc., at DCA finals.

Back in the old days everybody used to go to the AL championships and the VFWs and RedCarpet or whatever other divisions there were. I'd love to see more corps in DCA!

why have a junior div?????..... just bring them onboard ! DCA means never having to age out !

I don't see the need for a "Junior" division, but why couldn't junior corps compete in the current DCA divisions? Are there any rules saying a corps couldn't be in both DCI & DCA? Wouldn't it be cool to see Radiers, VK, Spirit of NJ, Cap Sound, etc., at DCA finals.

Back in the old days everybody used to go to the AL championships and the VFWs and RedCarpet or whatever other divisions there were. I'd love to see more corps in DCA!

That would be cool to see a corps like Surf, Raiders, Spartans make the trip up Rochester.

Heck, imagine Cadets making the trip. If you thought the Renegades have caused controversy in the past... ^0^