Most overrated and underrated shows of 2007

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the Wisconsin flag says it all. HONK!

if Madison had guard work equal to the rest of their show, they would have made finals...most likely 12th. You just can't get to finals with 2/3 of your corps doing the heavy lifting. Same would be true of Academy.

Your almost right.

Personally still don't think the point spread between 12-16 wasn't justified. Spirit had a better guard, that's about it.

Over: Cavies, Spirit

Under: BD, SCV

Your almost right.

Personally still don't think the point spread between 12-16 wasn't justified. Spirit had a better guard, that's about it.

Just watched lots of videos. Still not getting the almost 5 point spread.

And just to throw in.....this was a good year for DCI. Watched a video for every corps I could find. I actually enjoyed most of the shows I found online.

I don't see how you can say the GE panel in quarters had a personal bias when the GE Music judge had the Blue Stars 1.5 ahead of Spirit and Academy in San Antonio. Spirit made HUGE changes in their program in the last two weeks of the season and the guard came on very, very strong. Academy vs. Blue Stars.....I would have to go with Blue Stars on this one. Academy was over valued in several areas in my opinion.

Nope..........

I was pulling for the Cavies ever since I heard an audio clip of their show. The only CRITICAL element their show that was missing for me is hornline volume. They may have played softer than ever before......no idea why they continue to do this.

I think with them it is more of a control before volume approach to brass. Some years they do a better job with this.....see 2002-2004.

You might want to distinquish between underrated and overrated with the judges and with that of the fans. For instance, I think the Blue Devils were the most underrated show with the fans, but not with the judges. I thought the Carolina Crown were the most underrated with the judges, but the most overrated with the fans.