Time for Rifles to Go?

Should rifles stay or go?  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like rifles to stay in the activity?

• yes
    • no

"Marching Band" is found on all seven continents. Do you live on planet Earth or some other planet?

Bands that march, sure. But even in countries where there are competing drum corps, if halftime shows are not a regular part of the culture, then you may find many people who have only the faintest idea what you're describing. For instance, everyone who saw Kidsgrove Scouts last summer knows that the British can produce quality drum corps. But I was in the UK for a Tolkien conference in August and wore on various days the Boston Crusaders, Legends, and Vanguard Cadets shirts I'd acquired a few weeks earlier. (In future, I plan to wear my Mythopoeic Society shirts at drum corps events.) These prompted questions from my fellow attendees, who were largely British, about what "drum and bugle corps" were, that took rather more time to answer than would be the case in the U.S.

Question: do the Antarctic bands include penguins?

• Like 3

I think fake background checks should be done before anyone is allowed to spin or toss a fake rifle.

Yes, great idea Buick Dad, and while we're at it, less sabre rattling on this stuff too.

Edited by BRASSO

Awwww.... Now that is SO cute!

Its better than cute... its simply " lovely ".

These prompted questions from my fellow attendees, who were largely British, about what "drum and bugle corps" were, that took rather more time to answer than would be the case in the U.S.

Trying to describe what " a Drum and Bugle Corps " is used to be fairly easy. Today, it is much, more more difficult to explain, whether it is being explained in Great Britain or even now in the US. There is not even consensus, let alone universal agreement, in the US as to what constitutes a " Drum and Bugle Corps " now. So I do empathize with the dilemna this causes not only you, most of us, trying to explain what a " Drum and Bugle Corps " is in this day and age.

Edited by BRASSO

Trying to describe what " a Drum and Bugle Corps " is used to be fairly easy. Today, it is much, more more difficult to explain, whether it is being explained in Great Britain or even now in the US. There is not even consensus, let alone universal agreement, in the US as to what constitutes a " Drum and Bugle Corps ". So I do empathize with the dilemna this causes not only you, most of us, trying to explain what a " Drum and Bugle Corps " is.

Too many commas, too many quotes. That's ugly, Brasso, just ugly.

Oh, and stop ending your sentences with prepositions. It makes them hard to read with.

• Like 2

Too many commas, too many quotes. That's ugly, Brasso, just ugly.

Oh, and stop ending your sentences with prepositions. It makes them hard to read with.

haha... I know I shouldn't leave my participles so dangling like this either, garfield, but I just unconsciously leave'em out there and they take on a life of their own out there on the ledge.