Best Drum Corps Show Moment of all Time?

OK. I know this one.....you all gave terrific answers, BUT, for anyone who ends up being a lover of drum corps, the best show moment of all time HAS to be.......

The very first drum corps show you attended. After all, that's what got you hooked.

So, for me, it was the head chopper at the beginning of 27th Lancers 1978, entering from the corner of the end zone.

Hmm...i didnt see my favorite moment until after I marched. My first show is a special memory though to be sure..

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am totally biased on this, and I can't help it.

When VK brought out the shark at finals in 1992, it was the most electric reaction I had ever seen from an audience.

You obviously missed Madison '95 in Buffalo ;)

You obviously missed Madison '95 in Buffalo ;)
That would be correct.

My favorite impact both visually and musically was in Cadets 92 when they hit the "plane" set complete with propellers. Still my favorite show and show moment ever.

The old famous "Who are we marking off of, anyway?" "Oh wait, no one" move.

Oh! Who could forget Garfield's "AMEN!" chord in '77?

SCV's Guard dropping to do the Bottle Dance during finals 79. The crowd went wild!

I will never forget that night. Man, the crowd went ballistic. Couldn't hear myself playing it was so loud. You see, the guard did not do the Bottle Dance all year. We had this ending from Tchaikovsky's 4th we did all year long. And then GR had an idea to pull off the Bottle Dance at finals. We practiced secretly. Horns in our rooms playing into pillows. The guard in the hotel meeting room practicing. We did a single rehearsal of it and then pulled it out at finals. Deafening screams from the Birmingham crowd which was HUGE. That moment made my 3rd place finish a bit easier to take. B)

I think the second half of the company front in Santa Clara's 1989 how (after the snareline tilt). That is probably the best moment in any drum corps show.

I agree 100%!

1989 Regiment. Goin' Home. Already written in my will to be played at the funeral service for me when I get to meet the good Lord. At 34, I hope it's not for a long, long time!

Wife sort of understands, but she is a saint so it will be done. Plus she hates narration in shows like I do so it sure won't be one of those crappy shows sending me off to the afterlife thank God