Best Drum Corps Show Moment of all Time?

i think u might have had the wrong video on...

u'd also might want to revisit the defintion of fellatio

1235596298_9740c8b3fc_o.png

That doesn't cross the line just a little bit to you?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1235596298_9740c8b3fc_o.png

That doesn't cross the line just a little bit to you?

I think we need more of it - listen to the audience when you watch that show. They liked it a lot and I consider it one of the best moments ever! I would like for more corps to push the boundaries like this, but that's for another topic.

Jackets off, shirts open, HANDS ON.

Oh my word, were they on.... :doh:

Hehehe. I'll never forget the first time I saw that show.

(Me at the end): "DUDE! THAT GUARD GUY COPPED A FEEL!"

Suncoast Sound 1984 - Sirens dissipating into silence...S.O.S. in Morse Code...Recreation of the Memorial Wall...and the white balloon(s) flying away. Oh yeah, the solo was moving too. Shivers every time...

Can't get much better than that... :angel:

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

"QUOTE(scv guy @ Aug 24 2007, 11:53 PM)

"I will never forget that night. Man, the crowd went ballistic. Couldn't hear myself playing it was so loud. You see, the guard did not do the Bottle Dance all year. We had this ending from Tchaikovsky's 4th we did all year long. And then GR had an idea to pull off the Bottle Dance at finals. We practiced secretly. Horns in our rooms playing into pillows. The guard in the hotel meeting room practicing. We did a single rehearsal of it and then pulled it out at finals. Deafening screams from the Birmingham crowd which was HUGE. That moment made my 3rd place finish a bit easier to take."

Being part of the crowd it looked fantastic from where I was, but I did'nt hear it until I got the Vinyl some weeks later. :P

Boy, that brings back a few memories... For two nights Lenny had us up at 0300 am to practice in the banquet room of the hotel we were staying in.

The dance was going to be Secret Squirrel stuff... :lol:

(SCV stayed in hotels for DCI week back then. 1983 forward, school gyms for DCI week.)

We were in our P.Js and White Boots and half asleep. :doh:

Imagine if DCP had been around then. I still think that whole section was really inappropriate and crossed WAY over the line though.

You do realize that Bacchanale is from the orgy scene in the Temple of Dagon (Ia Ia Phtagn) in Saint-Saens' opera Sampson and Delilah? They have been performing the actual opera for over 140 years and no one has been upset at the content. There's a reason why the final set in both 90 & 91 were the way they were set up.

To relate:

It's 1990. It's Regiment's turn to use the NIU Stadium before DCM and John Brazale is not happy. Bacchanale, which is supposed to the emotional peak of the show, is flat. He gets on the mic and starts to rant.

Brazale - Ok ok ok shut up! (drags a smoke) Thank you. Now...SHUT THE HELL UP! (drags a smoke). What the hell is wrong? You people are just going through the motions here! (drags a smoke) This ending is supposed to be getting the audience off their #### feet and you people are playing it flatter than my #### prom date! (drags a smoke) This part of the show is supposed to be the orgy scene from Sampson and Deliah and you people are playing it like a ####### tea party social! (drags a smoke) (drags a smoke) Now can someone tell me what the hell this piece and drill is supposed to be about? Well? (drags a smoke) Give me an answer.

Every person in the corps is transfixed in complete fear of Brazale (not a surprise that Brazale's main job was with the IRS) and exhaustion. There is absolute silence, except when I pipe up.

"Sex?"

Brazale (throws down smoke and laughs with a laugh that fills the stadium) - THANK YOU! (to Johnny Sanchez) At least one person in this sea of virgins gets it!