Phantom Show ideas for next year

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were to do an all-Sibelius show, the ballad MUST be Symphony No. 4, Mvmt III.

It would be epic.

I'm partial to Spring Song as a ballad.

Night-Ride and Sunrise as a "conflict" section.

Symphony No. 2, Movement IV, in the closer.

With current design team, my response is an unqualified yes. And a Bach show would allow Regiment to bring its considerable might to an underappreciated repertoire in drum corps circles. My personal belief is that the crowd would wet itself. And drill-wise, you put the most modern drill you can possibly come up with (I mean, really push it with the innovation...forget everything you know about drill design), with this amazing music arranged in the style for which Regiment is known, and you have a winner.

And kick halts! :P

Seriously, I think they could win a title with that show.

Does anyone know someone on the Phantom staff?

I would propose that Phantom Regiment do a show based on some great Christian hymns. So many to choose from, but please end the program with the corps' great rendition of "Amazing Grace." I can't begin to imagine what a reaction, given the times we live in, crowds -- especially at Indy 2008 -- would give to such a song. Indeed, for it is by Grace that we are saved.

I would propose that Phantom Regiment do a show based on some great Christian hymns. So many to choose from, but please end the program with the corps' great rendition of "Amazing Grace." I can't begin to imagine what a reaction, given the times we live in, crowds -- especially at Indy 2008 -- would give to such a song. Indeed, for it is by Grace that we are saved.

Interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing that. From what I understand, Amazing Grace was a popular song in drum corps very distant past.

YES. I'm not Christian but I'd LOVE to see that show.

i can't see amazing grace working as a part of a show, especially the finale, without be significantly rearranged.. which i doubt we want.

it's fine as a stand-alone thing, or as a warmup.. but i really just don't see it working.

I could see maybe Spirit doing it...

if they [phantom .. or i guess anyone] were going to do it, though.. maybe something like IUP's arrangement.

Edited by comeonfhqwhgads

I could see Phantom pulling off a Morten Lauridsen ballad very well.

Contre Qui Rose maybe?