If you could see any three shows

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also want to be there the night Walt Kelly fired his gun in the judges room during the after show meeting. Walt wasn't feeling too good and it was the easiest way to get people to shut up. Think that story was posted by Tom P.

I'd love to see Tom P post that story.

Tom? You lurking about?

I would have loved to have been in the stands at the 2005 DCA Championships. It was amazing to be on the field with Bucs, but I would have loved to see that show from the stands just once. it was such a wonderful moment in the history of our organization and I would have enjoyed being there with my brothers and sisters in Blue rooting on the corps. There were several other shows I've come to love from that year, but only from the safety of my DVD player. Would have liked to experience them live.

Me too Tom. I'll never forget rehearsing at Buc Field late in the season and coming out of the blue room at the end of an ensemble run of the Bartok. I had no idea we were that friekin' LOUD!!!

I didn't have the opportunity to see drum corps till the 1980's, I remember seeing drum corps on the farm growing up on PBS ( barely due to poor reception). One group that I wish I had the chance to see live was The Bridgeman, I have heard from so many people that I have talked to that they were extremely fun to watch and their visual effects were one for the record books!

okay, being I didn't read the post fully I apologize.

The other 2 corps that I enjoyed alot is:

The first time experiencing DCA was 05, It was a treat for me to watch all the "all-age" corps perform! I want to thank John Mayer for getting me hooked on this wonderful activity!

and seeing the Renegades in Dekalb Illnois for DCM I'm thinking it was a few years ago. watched them doing warmups....All I can say.....WOW!

walking away after watching them saying to myself (I think I just pooped my pants!

Edited by contraphanatic

1972 Exhibition in Racine, WI before AL Nats: Supposedly, THIS was the performance of performances for the corps in Chicago for ALs. Crowd went nuts for Cabs & Cru.

Wow, that brings back memories!

I was 16 years old, and that was the first show that I ever saw seniors other than Boys of 76, Kenosha Kingsmen and a few other local seniors. Talk about lighting up a crowd! A truly historic show at historic Horlick Field! :laugh:

Me too Tom. I'll never forget rehearsing at Buc Field late in the season and coming out of the blue room at the end of an ensemble run of the Bartok. I had no idea we were that friekin' LOUD!!!

First rule of the blue room.... never speak about the blue room.

You should have heard Barber that one time when I had to make a run myself :doh:

1975 Phoenix

1991 Empire

1994 Empire

Why those years?

Chris doesn't post a lot on DCP, so I'll try to answer your question for him. I would suspect that those 3 years were integral for building the Bushwackers as to who they/we are today. They were also amazing programs in their own rite, and deserved every first place trophy they got for them.

I would have added 1993 to the list of Bushwacker shows.

83 and 87 Sunrisers also

1995 and 1996 Cabs

oh and of course, I would LOVE to witness 2003 Cabs from the stands. It was great as a performing member, but just to hear that raw power from outside the line just once. Oh man that was a fun year. :)

"Fave Senior Three I'd Love to See":

1969 DCA Championship. Tremendous "Come Back" win for the Hurricanes and dynamite shows from Skyliners, Reading and Yankee Rebels.

1972 DCA Championship. Quite possibly (As discussed elsewhere) "THE" best DCA Finals ever. EVERYBODY was great.

1981 DCA Championship. Another great set of performances capped by a HUGE upset win by the Hurricanes.

Elphaba