Your fave Rachacha moment?

Almost forgot. Anyone remember the "Bridgemen's" TRANSITION during the Alumni show?

What a HOOT b**bs Priceless.....

Priceless? really?? :blink:

for me it's 20 seconds of "please God don't let me get hit or hit anyone!!!" while i run from point A to point B. :lookaround:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite moments:

- RBMB's

- Now I can play 2. :)

- Brett's bag of Hershey's candy at Thursday night rehearsal.

- random viewings of Nickelodeon GUTS at the Tierno's - followed by finding a piece of the Aggro Crag on E-Bay. (I wonder if Brendan ever won it.)

- hype sunglasses that dyed parts of our faces

- our full run of Tollie's arrangement at the field in Medina

- listening to the prelims music effect tape at the fruit break at finals rehearsal.

- Joe Taylor parting the ES warmup block to let us to our warmup site. Thank you. :)

- the really cool cop who enjoyed our warmup

- pulling my keyboard to a sea of people applauding and cheering us on - and having my boyfriend being at the end of that line taking pictures. :)

- our final circle and banana with Tollie and Frank - and being brought to tears by Frank and Tollie's words

- the show. hands down, the best all season. i couldn't even hear myself play at the company front in Rhapsody because our hornline was that loud.

- looking up in the crowd to see my friends Jeff and Christine, Jeff raising his cup to me to give me his seal of approval.

- receiving my dogtag culminating my season.

- receiving some of those fun gummies in Gina's post - they were awesome! thank you!

- winning my 3rd ring and my 3rd percussion title

- the 3-peat pictures

- hugging so many people on the field that i've had a privilege to know throughout my career.

- finding Kyle and getting the picture of both of us in uniform.

- waiting for my encore performance and getting to hug Patty Holton as she came off of the field.

- finally meeting Danielle after quite a few years of moderating with her on here, and seeing John Donovan after their busy weekend in the press box. what a great job guys!

- the Sunrisers tearing it up on the field at their encore - congrats!

- "hey guys, I know you're getting ready to do a victory concert and all, but I need to show you this." - Rich Hammond in front of the pit showing us the perfect 20 on the ensemble percussion sheet.

- the victory gig - good god

- the corps song on the field

- finally getting off of the field and going down the street and giving Kyle's sis Abby a high five - congrats on your first season of drum corps girl! i know you made your brother proud. :)

- "loadddd theeee truck load the truck load the truck, oh yeah oh yeah load the truck"

- the pictures with Kyle afterwards

- arriving back in Reading to channel 69 news and another rendition of the corps song.

Yeah - I had a lot of moments. That was just DCA weekend too.

Thanks to everyone who made all of these possible.

Me survived. You post your favorite memories of the aught seven DCA Championships, whether it was on the field, while munching any soft pretzels Francesca didn't ######, sharing a pop with a pal you marched with "back in the day,"...Let's hear it!

DCA felt so strange to us, with us not performing this year (and rushed because we left Sunday morning to see my folks), but I'll give it a shot. (As usual, they're in no particular order.)

• Both hometown (and our former) corps deploying fire extinguishers at climactic moments in their shows :P
  • The "zombies" in Renegades :spit:
  • The "screaming" contra in MCL :blink:
  • Genevieve's solo in "First Time Ever" :blink:
  • Joe Pero's solo in "People" B)
  • So many corps at Prelims with members who either Tamm or I had marched with before :huh:
  • Seeing so many friends both Friday & Saturday :)
  • Showing off the twins to everyone at I&E Friday night :lookaround:
    (They're such good babies; they made nary a sound, but put on their best "cute faces" for the occasion.)

Jim, I'm quite interruptable. Say "Hi!" next time.

I was impressed with Derby City Knights. I'm not sure why they were crazy enough to ask me to jump in the last 5 days, but I had a blast. I needed something else to do in Rachacha. DCK is ensconced in the right groove. They should do well for aught eight. They would have competed this year per Matt Basey except they couldn't quite meet the 35-member new rule. Look out next year for DCK.

My irony meter just pegged.... I was going to post that my highlight was meeting a half a dozen DCP posters face to face for the first time. Now I see that two of them have posted on this thread already. :P And I saw Cozy in person but didn't get a chance to talk to him. Even talked to Cupcakes (who I never met) towards the end of Minis show. My wife and I were standing by the wall where the corps came in trying to get rid of our stiff backs. See a staff member come over and I'm thinking we're going to be told to move. Nope, it was Cupcakes with a smile saying "We're getting close to the end folks". :P

Funniest first meeting was with Kevin/Gadget checking out Monday morning. Saw him a few times at the hotel but didn't realize it was him. Finally after I checked out I turned around and he was right behind us. Was so surprised I forgot to introduce my wife to him while we talked. Heard about that for the first 30 or so miles.... :sshh: :P

My highlight had to be talking to Derby City Mini Corps members at the hotel. Young group and very hyped about doing drum corps. Came in the bottom half of the Mini corps but Saturday morning there they were talking about next year already. :lookaround: :) Just gave me a good feeling about the direction DCA is going with the small corps. :)

Edited by CozyChopsCom

Jim, I'm quite interruptable. Say "Hi!" next time.

I was impressed with Derby City Knights. I'm not sure why they were crazy enough to ask me to jump in the last 5 days, but I had a blast. I needed something else to do in Rachacha. DCK is ensconced in the right groove. They should do well for aught eight. They would have competed this year per Matt Basey except they couldn't quite meet the 35-member new rule. Look out next year for DCK.

Well you had a microphone in your hand and talking to the crowd when I saw you... :P

Two stories on Derby City and I hope a corps member chimes in to fill in the details. Friday AM my wife and I are at the hotel having breakfast and group of folks (who turned out to be DCK) off to the side. Few more come in and hear one of the newcomers say "Did you know the gas gauge is broken in the truck? We just got in". Turns out it was the equipment truck (I think) and practice was due to start.... oh... about 5 minutes ago. :sshh:

Saturday morning group of Lancers are watching way too many people and way too much stuff (including a floor fan :lookaround: ) go into an SUV and van for a long ride back home. The clearance between the back tires and wheel well was.... man was there any clearance? Ya just gotta love what you're doing to put your body thru that.

And I do believe the talk about '08 did include someone saying "Class A.... right?"... :)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Tossing Tribbles from the press box...

Three things come to mind.

1.The rush I felt with the standing O that the audience gave DCK at Mini Corps.

2.The feeling of great satisfaction I had of the season while laying dead at Semi Finals with MCL.

3.Finally

Hot to Trot Pizza.Dang those slices are good.

playing a duet with my father at mini corps

Brought a tear to my eye!

I just remembered another one. On the evening of I & E, I was accompanying a friend to watch her rifle solo/serve as coat rack. As we walked up the bridge to the building, there were snare drummers warming up on the bridge and, as we got closer what do I hear as we are going inside? Led Zeppelin being play on tympani. The whole atmosphere was very cool!