So what do we want the cadets to be?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I, at any point say that anyone who disagrees with me is mindless? No - I certainly did not. I am referring to those who mindlessly defend all things Hopkins no matter what lunacy he pulls. There are a few here that fit exactly in that catagory. Try reading entire posts before putting your proverbial foot in your mouth. :laugh:

Ah, a person who defends the direction the Cadets are going is mindless. Very nice. I'll take their current direction these past three years over the three years before that.

Ah, a person who defends the direction the Cadets are going is mindless. Very nice. I'll take their current direction these past three years over the three years before that.

Indeed. You'll find that most pro-cadet posters on this board (especially those who have marched under hopkins - sorry mike), while often defending the cadets, will still be very critical of them and their director. I am one such person. Perhaps its just more beneficial to your stance if we were all just mindless buffoons though...

Indeed. You'll find that most pro-cadet posters on this board (especially those who have marched under hopkins - sorry mike), while often defending the cadets, will still be very critical of them and their director. I am one such person. Perhaps its just more beneficial to your stance if we were all just mindless buffoons though...

Must ... Play ... Barry ... Manilow

Must ... Watch ... Phillies

I wonder how the judges would recieve it if Hoppy focused all his powers into a completely retro late 70's show for Cadets in 2008. Say, a re-do of 77, G-bugles, hot pants, and all.

I wonder how the judges would recieve it if Hoppy focused all his powers into a completely retro late 70's show for Cadets in 2008. Say, a re-do of 77, G-bugles, hot pants, and all.

eww...... :P

So it's fair to say you didn't see the Cadets, nor the other Corps " the last 3-4 weeks of the season " ( half the competitive season ), didn't see them at Finals, but saw on your TV screen the 10% of their show ...snippets.... and have concluded from these small snippets on your tV screen that " the Cadets were the best Corps with the most difficult demand " ?

Edited by X DM

Must ... Play ... Barry ... Manilow

Must ... Watch ... Phillies

I have a strange craving for starbucks......

I wish the Cadets would break every rule in the DCI hand book, and make a show to end all shows.

I'm talking microphones in every bell with distortion, reverb, delay, and freakin' wah-wah pedals. They should kill the lights in the stadium, and roll out an intense light show that casts marching member's shadows all over the stands. I wouldn't even care if there were stacks of amps in the back to blow my head off (not that their hornline needs that). I mean Motley Crue style. Hell, pay Barry Manilow to come in for the ballad. People would freak out, and talk about it forever. Kinda like they do every time Cadets do uncomfortable things. I would cheer. I love breaking rules.

I wish the Cadets would break every rule in the DCI hand book, and make a show to end all shows.

I'm talking microphones in every bell with distortion, reverb, delay, and freakin' wah-wah pedals. They should kill the lights in the stadium, and roll out an intense light show that casts marching member's shadows all over the stands. I wouldn't even care if there were stacks of amps in the back to blow my head off (not that their hornline needs that). I mean Motley Crue style. Hell, pay Barry Manilow to come in for the ballad. People would freak out, and talk about it forever. Kinda like they do every time Cadets do uncomfortable things. I would cheer. I love breaking rules.

I agree- because in that scenario, there'd be no excuse NOT to DQ them.^0^