So what do we want the cadets to be?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want from the Cadets:

More of the same, but with a lot less verbosity.

You know, there were marching bands long before there were drum corps. HH

Well, actually........isn't it the other way around? I don't think Ulysses S. Grant was cruisin through the countryside with a marching band accompaniment, baton twirlers and pom poms. I think the armies used the original old school G bugles, no?

To the Cadets:

Just keep doing your thing, guys.

There's a reason you've out lived thousands of other drum corps

Yes, you are probably right. I will indulge myself because I actually have a high paying job that matters in the real world. GH needs to go away!

Ya know, maybe 3 times is a charm...so if you say it one more time and wiggle your nose it just might work.....you being in that high paying job and all...

Best of luck in that....

I'm sorry, but this is pathetic... Ya, all of us. Can't we just enjoy or not enjoy a show without getting so wrapped up in the politics?? Lets sing kumbaya and hold hands and dance around a campfire... please? for me?

Edited by SCVsopAaron

I wish the Cadets would break every rule in the DCI hand book, and make a show to end all shows.

I'm talking microphones in every bell with distortion, reverb, delay, and freakin' wah-wah pedals. They should kill the lights in the stadium, and roll out an intense light show that casts marching member's shadows all over the stands. I wouldn't even care if there were stacks of amps in the back to blow my head off (not that their hornline needs that). I mean Motley Crue style. Hell, pay Barry Manilow to come in for the ballad. People would freak out, and talk about it forever. Kinda like they do every time Cadets do uncomfortable things. I would cheer. I love breaking rules.

DCI THE MOVIE

INTERIOR SHOT- DCI BOARDROOM-

A close up of a man sitting at the head of a conference table. Camera pulls back to reveal a full board meeting in progress and George Hopkins is speaking feverishly to an uncomfortable crowd.

GEORGE:

"I'm talking microphones in every bell with distortion, reverb, delay, and freakin' wah-wah pedals. They should kill the lights in the stadium, and roll out an intense light show that casts marching member's shadows all over the stands. I wouldn't even care if there were stacks of amps in the back to blow my head off (not that their hornline needs that). I mean Motley Crue style. Hell, pay Barry Manilow to come in for the ballad. People would freak out, and talk about it forever. Kinda like they do every time Cadets do uncomfortable things. I would cheer. I love breaking rules."

The camera pans the board members revealing a unison look of horror on every face. The camera then returns to a close shot of George, only this time a giant dark ominous shadow stands behind him, the other corps directors do not seem to notice the evil figure. It whispers into the ear of Mr. Hopkins in a low growl.

The Devil:

"All in due time"

A crooked smile crosses the face of George.

The crowded room all seem to shiver at the same time for reasons unknown to them.....

SCENE.

How exactly was the narration highlighted above other parts of the show?

I can't wait for this.

It sure was louder than the entire corps playing. That makes it highlighted... or is that lowlighted? :huh: