Blue Stars' "Move"

gee...

isn't doobie from indy?>...hmmmmm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that current percussion guru Brent Montgomery is also in Indy.

I just can't get over the fact that there really aren't any "local" corps left. Remember when the kids were mainly from the city that the corps is from.

Since DCI is the Marching Music's Major League, doesn't it make sense that "spring training"/everydays are held somewhere other than the home state/town/etc.? I'm grieving it as much as anyone, but if it makes fiduciary sense and helps corps (especially Div I corps) stay full, then it makes sense. Football and Baseball clubs hold their training almost exclusively away from their home "turf."

It makes sense to me when I consider the Major League portion of this and that Indy will be the home of Championships for 10 years.

Blue Stars are still the "kids from Gods Country: LaCrosse, WI," to me.

create peace,

Brent

So without having to go to Google Earth, is this close to LaCross in terms of driving time? Because...well...how are you "based" in one state and rehearse in another? That doesn't make sense to me. I mean...it makes SENSE...but it doesn't make sense to me.

C'mon Ryan, you live in SoCal. It's a simple idea cribbed from the Angels: The Indianapolis Blue Stars of LaCross.

I too still have problems with this... I personally believe that New York doesn't have an NFL team, being that both the Jets and Giants play and practice in New Jersey, the Angels are the Anaheim Angels, so one and so forth. Call yourselves what you are...

So without having to go to Google Earth, is this close to LaCross in terms of driving time? Because...well...how are you "based" in one state and rehearse in another? That doesn't make sense to me. I mean...it makes SENSE...but it doesn't make sense to me.

LaCrosse is pretty much on the Minnesota border, about an hour or two east of the Twin Cities.

Indy, by comparison, would be about a 6-8 hour drive (assuming you miss Chicago rush hour)

LaCrosse is pretty much on the Minnesota border, about an hour or two east of the Twin Cities.

Indy, by comparison, would be about a 6-8 hour drive (assuming you miss Chicago rush hour)

you'd skip chicago entirely, and go through rockford (and bloomington i believe)

laxtoindynr9.jpg

-someone who did that indy-to LaX route a couple times B)

I just can't get over the fact that there really aren't any "local" corps left. Remember when the kids were mainly from the city that the corps is from.

Check out the Colts. If you want to be a Colt, you must still go to Dubuque, and only Dubuque. As for local kids, they try to keep 50% of the Corps as genuine, corn-fed Iowa kids. That allows the Mayor to speechify, and the Governor to proclaim the Colts as "Iowa's musical ambassadors". Its on all their busses. Of course getting the Iowa kids is not a slam dunk. The kids can see the Scouts, Phantom, and Cavaliers just a little farther down the road. The Colts also have their feeder corps, Colts Cadets. Of the 85 members, 78 were from the immediate Dubuque area, so the Colts work hard on the "local" thing. Kinda neat that a "local" corps leaped into finals this year.