Should lot warmups be closed to the public?

Parking lot warmups  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Should DCI consider a closed warmup policy to encourage attendance for lower-ranked corps?

• No; the lot is part of drum corps, and if I want to skip corps to see warmup, that's my choice.
    • Yes; it is a distraction to audiences and disrespectful to corps by allowing people to watch warmups and show up late.
    • Late arrival behavior will not change, open or closed warmups.

I think it can be pulled off if we hire enough security or employ the National Guard to force people away from the lot. I'd also erect a temporary wall around the entire lot to keep away gawkers and line the exterior of the wall with hundreds of cages full of chattering monkeys so people don't stop to just listen. It can be done and we just need to be innovative. I would also ban the hovering of hot air balloons for fans who try to circumvent the effectiveness of the wall.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an old school drum corps snob. I beleive it is the parking lot that seperates the chaf from the grain anyway. If you want me to skip the parking lot to come see your show, do better. :blink:

Now as to the behaviour of rude individuals who will walk in during a show - take 'em back out to the parking lot and spank them. Seriously, in front of a crowd so they will learn their lesson. We all have to make choices in life, but we don't have to #### up someone elses good time to do it.

my .02 B)

ugh talking during a show is one of my biggest pet peeves. I was at a show and was surrounded by some high schoolers who acted like they were dragged there by their director and never shut up. They got even louder when they failed to realize vanguard was doing their encore performance. Luckily, they hushed down for the music of the night part of the performance.

I think it can be pulled off if we hire enough security or employ the National Guard to force people away from the lot. I'd also erect a temporary wall around the entire lot to keep away gawkers and line the exterior of the wall with hundreds of cages full of chattering monkeys so people don't stop to just listen. It can be done and we just need to be innovative. I would also ban the hovering of hot air balloons for fans who try to circumvent the effectiveness of the wall.

not bad not bad... but if there was another kind of deterrent, say, some burnt corpses attached to stakes surrounding the lot, you know, to be an example of what happens IF the hot-air balloon tries to land.

Bottom line is that some people will always rather hear the Corps Warmup either Battery or Hornline than go some place and not get the same thrill and charge of that which occurs outside the stadium...it has nothing to do with a Corps spot in the lineup...fans of a Corps will follow them whereever!!! That in and of itself is the beauty of Drum Corps...I too am a person who stays "in the lot" and there is something beautiful about that...

not bad not bad... but if there was another kind of deterrent, say, some burnt corpses attached to stakes surrounding the lot, you know, to be an example of what happens IF the hot-air balloon tries to land.

what about satellite surveillance?

...hundreds of cages full of chattering monkeys....innovative.....hot air balloons....

Sorry - those props are all needed inside at the Div I shows...

...some burnt corpses attached to stakes....

Now you're off into DCA shows...

Absolutely NOT!

what about satellite surveillance?

FINALLY! - someone reasonable on DCP!

add to that some sharp-shooters on the rooves of surrounding buildings and an underground land-mine or two (just to make em think) just inside the restricted area .....

huh? huh? am I right or am I right?