• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of tune hornlines :P

:P

Out of tune hornlines :P

Because that NEVER happens with multi-key horns. :P

######. that sucks. sorry to hear it.

we warmed up next to them in the lot in michigan city this year and even though they certainly werent the 99 cadets or 97 bd or anything, they still had that distinct sound that made me nostalgic, even for just a few seconds when i used a bit of imagination, haha.

whatever, im a purist and old-fashioned when it comes to drum corps, dont shoot me for it. :lookaround:

so i guess the final records were madison being the last finalist in g in '03, the colts being the last semifinalist in g in '04 (good trivia question, quiz your friends!), and pio being the last "world class" corps in g in '07 (unless one of the "open class" corps that still uses them moves up, but im not exactly expecting that to happen).

Edited by Jared_mello

Kingsmen Alumni, 2007. They were one of the best sounding drum corps I've ever heard, thanks to their instrumentation. Volume, power, beauty of sound...it was all there.

I'm curious. What are the advantages of a Bb hornline over a G hornline that compelled almost all corps to convert?

Two words. Resale Value..

Generally, though, the b flat horns make logistics easier for the members and corps..(ie, early season rehearsals where you have more kids then horns; the kids can use their own instruments; the any key horns require less adjustment musically also.)

I will miss the g's. But, time marches on.