## The 2008 Kilties ##

WWBD

That's a running joke with us northerners (what can I say, I'm displaced.) :shutup:

Shorts weather runs down to 35 degrees... :laughing:

Actually it's until Dec. 21st, the first day of winter!! :thumbup:

Great first rehearsal weekend (one of the best ever, tons accomplished), wonderful/fun banquet Saturday night. Solid numbers, fantastic show. Had some folks who had weather related travel plans that didn't want to chance the journey and will be attending in January, and some really fine talented folks who were "walk-ins", and some great returning vets from outside the 07 season. Mr. Stewart's plans are to field 105.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Humor impaired much?

BTW Great camp. Kilties had 43 horns in attendance with a number excused or unable to attend for weather reasons. Battery is all but full. Had a chance to hear Scott Stewarts presentation for the 2008 Production and they actually got into the opener a bit. Fairly certain there havent been too many corps who have played Praetorius.

2008 Kilties led by Stewart will definitely be entertaining. Before you or Lazarus or whichever alter ego say it, this in no way denigrates either previous Sr Kiltie years nor Jr Kilties.

Dan,

Just as an FYI, the music is not Praetorius, it's "in the style of" Michael Praetorius and actually comes from the Bob Margolis wind ensemble piece called Terpsichore. Crown played the 4th movement in their 1997 "Postcards from Britian".

Dan,

Just as an FYI, the music is not Praetorius, it's "in the style of" Michael Praetorius and actually comes from the Bob Margolis wind ensemble piece called Terpsichore. Crown played the 4th movement in their 1997 "Postcards from Britian".

Praetorius wasn't his real name either.....it was Schulz. But not the Sgt. Schulz from Hogan's Heros.

Nothing wrong with shorts at 40F-ish temps. I grew up in SoCal and often wore shorts at those temps. Which doesn't mean I wasn't also wearing a sweater and jacket on the top half. Not that it got down that low that often over yonder. But I didn't even own a pair of pants until the Army issued me some. Then again I was a diehard cyclist back then. My legs wouldn't even fit in most pants, even the relaxed fit Levi 550's.

I really should maintain my car so I can make the trek north again. Pesky tires, brakes, check engine light.

Nothing wrong with shorts at 40F-ish temps. I grew up in SoCal and often wore shorts at those temps. Which doesn't mean I wasn't also wearing a sweater and jacket on the top half. Not that it got down that low that often over yonder. But I didn't even own a pair of pants until the Army issued me some. Then again I was a diehard cyclist back then. My legs wouldn't even fit in most pants, even the relaxed fit Levi 550's.

I really should maintain my car so I can make the trek north again. Pesky tires, brakes, check engine light.

Good tires are over-rated, brakes are not needed, and put a piece of tape over the check engine light..BAM!!.....you're all set!! :laughing:

who is this poster? he or she does not appear to be a happy person.I thoroughly enjoyed the open house,and found all I met,to be pleasant and helpful.and appropriatly dressed as well!!!!P.S.......BASS DRUMLINE ROCKS!!

A poster who wishes the Kilties the best in '08.