Add Allstars to your corps

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabby wouldnt make it on soprano I dont think....LOL

from 66-72 the hurcs took more ist place trophy's then anyone in that 8 year span. 6 1st place dca trophy's........wow. in his time ray luedee ruled.......god rest his soul. he could ramrod my line anytime. btw i'm not stealing sun's thunder.....i was with cru anyway.

anybody know the names of members in both lines?? let's get them in the allstars.

Ray Luedee (not sure if I spelled that right!) was a great percussion instructor, no doubt about it...one of the best in the history of drum corps. The Hurcs ruled that caption when he was with them, up against some very tough competition in those days.

It would be interesting if he were still around today. He'd probably still be churning out great drumlines, somewhere!!!!

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Fish66 can answer this more accurately but, the Hurc snares through those years I remember are Ray Luedee, John Bodnar, Bob Morvak, Jimmy Donnelly, Ken Convertito, Tom Gabianelli, Benji Struski, John Moynehan, Vic Kulinski ...

Andy

andy , you got just about all the snares..... i can only add roger donna to that list. with ray at the helm, these guys did indeed play like a machine ! and yes duke, gabby was a much better drummer than a horn player ( he'd have to be to crack a luedee line )....... come to think of it , everything he's ever done is better than his horn playing!!!

Those aint the Sopranos...they're the "dead end kids".

BTW...Keith, thanks for the mention, not sure if I deserve it, but thanks anyway.

Donny

Donny? Who are you again?

in the drumline

colin campbell

steve gadd

tom falsone

dick nicrow

jim clements

frank nash

bill magrath

bill stork

danny pellagrino

rick buckland

john flowers

rick colletti

don o'conner

frank michaels

Yea.....Bill Magrath gets my vote. He still has chops. Sideburns, shiney shoes and all !!

JM

Yea.....Bill Magrath gets my vote. He still has chops. Sideburns, shiney shoes and all !!

JM

yup....that's why he's on the list.

JM

Billys cool. Still got it. As do you, Jeff. Great job in Hamilton at the Shake. (hope I'm talking to who I think I am LOL)

Edited by Storkysr

Billys cool. Still got it. As do you, Jeff. Great job in Hamilton at the Shake. (hope I'm talking to who I think I am LOL)

Thanks.......................I think my blood pressure has gone back down to normal too.

Jeff MacKay

Edited by jmackay