Cadets 2000 - We Are the Future

Not in love with their guard that year.

The whole playing thing at the begining and the wierd costumes made it a bit "huh"

later,

Mike

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's pretty entertaining, but you think they'd win in a fight against the 1995 Madison Scouts? No chance!

I think it was entertaining.

I do however, think there were flaws during their finals show that caused the Cavies to jump up to tie them, since the Cavies were on fire that night.

However, Cadets 2000 is not one of those shows I skip if it comes on my iPod. :)

The first 2/3 or so of the show were technically challenging and performed well, but not entertaining. It seened like difficulty for the sake of difficulty.

The last 1/3 or so is when the show came to life and became entertaining.

I thought the Cavaliers had a more complete show and theme from beginning to end with lots of fun and beautiful moments throughout the show.

For sheer entertainment value, Cadets 2000 is NOT the most entertaining. IMHO I'd give that title to Crossmen 1997 or Cadets 1991/1992. Those shows are AMAZING! Cadets 2000 is a great show for sure, but the guard could have been better (probably April Gilligan's most boring guard while at the Cadets). Music was lots of fun though.

Cadets 2000 were VERY entertaining, but not the most entertaining ever to me. From just this past year, I would put Blue Devils and Crown above it. Also quickly coming to mind are 2004 SCV, 1980 Bridgemen, 1995 Madison, 1984 Garfield, 2006 Phantom, that to me are more entertaining. Again, 2000 Cadets were entertaining, just not at the very top of the entertainment peak of DCI.

The end of that show, though... man. They were running. And playing. Albeit, their trumpets had some issues at the end. But still.

The end of that show is always one of the first ones I show to newcomers. It's just ridiculous.

except for the trumpet player that overhypes the horns down and comes down a split-second early. haha, always laugh at that.

Besides the drum solo (which the tenor feature was stolen from a high school marching band), and the trumpet trick at the end, the 2000 show had nothing. It wasn't the most entertaining show ever. It might be to you, but definitely not to me and apparently many others too.

Really???? Nothing????

What show have you been watching? I mean, I can understand you not thinking it was the most entertaining show ever, but it was a #### good show, and deserves at least an honorable mention in "Greatest show" threads.