Fans Not Clapping at the End of a Corps Show ?

Ok, I thought you maybe meant treatment as something seperate from the crowd, since "response" wasn't what you meant...

Fun fact: the C corps rehearses way more than the A corps between september and may...

I guess that may have to do with the fact that the C corps is more local and the A corps is spread from japan to the east coast. But hey, what do i know?...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I always thought clapping was also about good manners, not just doing it because you liked the performance or not.....

I guess that may have to do with the fact that the C corps is more local and the A corps is spread from japan to the east coast. But hey, what do i know?...

You know nothin! JK, yeah that's a big part of it :) I think they rehearse like 3 times a week or something like that.

I would rather a fan NOT clap for my performance (having their own reasons for it, and surely I probably have nothing to do with it anyway) than know they "pitty" clapped. It's like the company front. I haven't seen an exciting CF in a long time, but somehow people clap for the heck of it. There is no denying how much work is put into their show, but some performances incite more response than others.

when you marched freelancers, did you have input into the creative direction of the show? could you make suggestions to the staff and expect them to change the show because there were aspects of it you disagreed with or just disliked?

things arent any different now.

whether some fans want to acknowledge it or not, show design is out of the hands of the kids performing it.

the only possible argument against that would be something like "well those kids chose to march cadets! their opinions about the direction of drum corps must be congruent to those of george hopkins!" even that argument would be faulty, considering how many cadets there are that dont like narration in drum corps and would have liked to put their '07 field show out there without it. you simply cant blame kids for WHAT theyre performing...only how theyre performing it, between both execution and how effectively they can "sell" (portray.......dont take my reference to money too literally) the product.

yeah, we did have some input...anything from horn manuals, to marching and body positioning, to interpretations and suggestions about our parts. Every now and again someone would think of something and mention it to staff and sometime is would be incorporated. Then again, I can't recall any members or fans that HATED anything about our shows ;-)

I would rather a fan NOT clap for my performance (having their own reasons for it, and surely I probably have nothing to do with it anyway) than know they "pitty" clapped. It's like the company front. I haven't seen an exciting CF in a long time, but somehow people clap for the heck of it. There is no denying how much work is put into their show, but some performances incite more response than others.

You know, I was just going to mention something similar to this. Would corps member rather have no clapping or, as you put it, pity clapping? People, the performers aren't stupid. They can tell the difference.