Well if #3 isn't Jackie Kennedy I think it's Audrey Hepburn...

Well if #3 isn't Jackie Kennedy I think it's Audrey Hepburn...

Stop your panting...we're only on #2!

I was lucky enough to acquire several of Duke's cassette recordings a few years ago. He had many Stetson Richmond discs converted to tape but also many of the early Alumni corps performances as well. It's a treasure trove, actually.

that's just not fair. Why are you allowed to hoard all these wonders?

Do you need my address? lol

Who you callin' a hoarder?

You know you can have anything I've got. Besides, you know where Diceman keeps his stash, too.

One little gem was a 1968 recording of the Marksmen, Dominic Del Ra's big green love affair with the mellophone. Every tune they played was a production number and each one featured a prominent mellophone lead.

Dominic would have been at Agawam the night this photo was taken in '62, and the M-men were very much in contention that evening.

• Like 1

Never met Duke. I wish I had!!!

Still stumped over the guy in the middle.

And the woman on the right is still hot. :tongue:

• Like 1

Who you callin' a hoarder?

You know you can have anything I've got. Besides, you know where Diceman keeps his stash, too.

One little gem was a 1968 recording of the Marksmen, Dominic Del Ra's big green love affair with the mellophone. Every tune they played was a production number and each one featured a prominent mellophone lead.

Dominic would have been at Agawam the night this photo was taken in '62, and the M-men were very much in contention that evening.

I still remember Marksmen's version of "Something's Coming" from WSS. The mellos did something I can only remember as "Woo" over and over again. Seems around 1965. I'm not sure I remembered that they were still fielding a corps in 1968.

I'm trying to remember (for the middle guy) who was using those hats during the 60s. Hurcs, but not as Gestapo-ish (no offense intended to anyone that wore similar hats - it's always the way I thought of them).

The inference I'm drawing from the picture is that the corps WON the show, or they wouldn't have gotten to pose with Duke and the babe (I'm guessing she's now in her late 70s?)

Marksmen won in Agawam fairly often; Sun sometimes; Interstatesmen?

Alan Smythe maybe?

I still remember Marksmen's version of "Something's Coming" from WSS. The mellos did something I can only remember as "Woo" over and over again. Seems around 1965. I'm not sure I remembered that they were still fielding a corps in 1968.

I'm trying to remember (for the middle guy) who was using those hats during the 60s. Hurcs, but not as Gestapo-ish (no offense intended to anyone that wore similar hats - it's always the way I thought of them).

The inference I'm drawing from the picture is that the corps WON the show, or they wouldn't have gotten to pose with Duke and the babe (I'm guessing she's now in her late 70s?)

Marksmen won in Agawam fairly often; Sun sometimes; Interstatesmen?

Alan Smythe maybe?

Ray ... stay with your "storm" theme ... and have a bottle of Jack with the DM ... he may be a part of his family tree ...

:-)

Ah man, Andy...

Now I'm all dizzy and headachey again.

Storm theme... so not the Hurcs?

Or maybe just earlier, like the late 50s when Bob Beam, is that the name or was it some other whiskey you were referring to?

I get so confused.

Sort of Northern Uncomfortable...

Ah man, Andy...

Now I'm all dizzy and headachey again.

Storm theme... so not the Hurcs?

Or maybe just earlier, like the late 50s when Bob Beam, is that the name or was it some other whiskey you were referring to?

I get so confused.

Sort of Northern Uncomfortable...

Not the Hurcs? ... hmmm ... following the storm would lead me right to them ... and Jim Beam is no replacement for Jack D ... like I said, the DM in the pic might be found on Jack D's familly tree ...

:-)