And yet, no one has thrown out a name!

I do not know the man, but I will take a stab at Bob Daniels, if my assorted sources are correct.

Just a guess, since I really do not know everyone in the activity, as has been rumored. LOL

OK, then - now there's just one mystery left...

Do you know, or did you ever date, the young lady on the right?

So....what is the guy's name??? Is it Bob Daniels????

Please clue in the clueless... like me.

I'm in the same boat as Ray Priester. I, too, do not know everyone who's ever put on a drum corps uniform. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

Heh... along those lines....

Several years back at an after-show party at one of the alumni indoor shows, a guy came up to me and said, "(So-and-so) died."

I said, "Very sorry to hear that. Who???"

He said, "You know... so-and-so. Director of (x corps)... marched back in the 1950s."

I replied, "I was born in 1958. Didn't see a drum corps until 1967. I have absolutely no clue who or what you're talking about."

With that, the conversation subsided. LOL.

• Like 1

I think Fish should do the honors on Bob Daniels whom I missed (except for the legends) in my Hurc time.

As you saw, I got screwed up confusing him with Bob WOODS who was the other half of Condon and Woods, possibly the best tandem marching technique team in drum corps history. (Please remember that I said possibly before you start telling me about other better teams).

In my own personal knowledge of the Hurricanes (which began around 1965 or 66 when I witnessed their unbelievable drum quartet at an I&E show) Genero was the once and future drum major. I always felt bad for David McLennan, who did that job admirably for years, but just wasn't Joe - no one was but Joe.

So I really don't know much about Bob Daniels except that he was part of that team before I was, and everyone I've ever spoken to that knows says good things about him - not a lot of people get that treatment up there - including me.

Fish?

Bobby Daniels came to the Hurcs in the late 50's and soon took over DM duties from Eddie Welles. He remained as DM through 63' before turning it over to Jumpin' Joe in 64'. Daniels came back to Shelton in 69', replacing Eddie Condon and Bob Woods as drill writer/instructor.....no small task replacing those two but he did it with the same fiesty approach that got him notice as a DM years before. He handled M&M in 69-70 & 75-76......Bob is in the Hurricanes HOF as well as the WDCHOF as an associate member.

I don't think he ever collaborated with Condon teaching any corps but Eddie was the best man in his wedding in December of 63'

OK this is for Fran & Frank.....the girl on the right shares a name with a castaway from the 60's!

Bobby Daniels came to the Hurcs in the late 50's and soon took over DM duties from Eddie Welles. He remained as DM through 63' before turning it over to Jumpin' Joe in 64'. Daniels came back to Shelton in 69', replacing Eddie Condon and Bob Woods as drill writer/instructor.....no small task replacing those two but he did it with the same fiesty approach that got him notice as a DM years before. He handled M&M in 69-70 & 75-76......Bob is in the Hurricanes HOF as well as the WDCHOF as an associate member.

I don't think he ever collaborated with Condon teaching any corps but Eddie was the best man in his wedding in December of 63'

OK this is for Fran & Frank.....the girl on the right shares a name with a castaway from the 60's!

Ginger, or Mary Ann?

Now, on the surface, Ginger had the whole package... the bombshell looks, the "come hither" expression.

But Mary Ann.... somewhere, beneath that fresh-scrubbed, wholesome "America's Heartland" look was a...

But I digress. :tongue:

• Like 1

Ginger, or Mary Ann?

Now, on the surface, Ginger had the whole package... the bombshell looks, the "come hither" expression.

But Mary Ann.... somewhere, beneath that fresh-scrubbed, wholesome "America's Heartland" look was a...

But I digress. :tongue:

Well I guess that clue was too easy!

So, if my choice is between a Mary Ann and a Ginger, I'm going with the former since she looks rather Mediterranean, and Italians don't name their daughters "Ginger" unless they have red hair and look like the postman.

So it must be Miss Northeast Circuit 1962, Mary Ann Terlizzi, that year's Queen of the Military Ball.

Maybe Fish can get me (or Fran) a date. After all, her grandfather founded that post in Shelton, didn't he?

Edited by ironlips
  • Like 1

Mrs Howell?

She's Lovey?

What's her last name? Hmmm Massachusetts... Lovey Lowell?