*IF* Reilly isn't marching the parade in Harrisburg that's a possibility! :thumbs-up:

Man... I wish. LOL.

I have the Maryland Drum Corps Hall of Fame gig that same day.

• Like 1

And please don't ask about the Gin and tonics prior to the Wildwood parade. What was a corps from Reading doing in Wildwood? I donnnnn't know.

Was that 1985?

One of the more bizarre drum corps days that I remember.... the show in Wildwood the week after DCA championships. I think the state American Legion was trying to revive the morning competition at Maxwell Field that had basically gone away a few years earlier... four DCA corps were there... Cabs, Sun, Bucs and Bushwackers.

The only corps that had pretty much its full corps was the Cabs... they had gone unbeaten that season and were determined not to let this "after the fact" show spoil their streak. So they showed up, did a good performance, and won.

Sun had a halfway decent turnout, as did Bush...both corps had lots of blanks but both did a reasonably good job. Well... considering that some of my friends in both corps were at a Wildwood bar all night until 4 AM Saturday and the show was at 10 AM. This I know because I was at the bar with them. :tongue:

But the Bucs... wow. Maybe half their corps, at best. LOL. I remember one of their drill sets that, during the season, was a line of horn players stretching from front to back. At Wildwood, there was one horn player in that "line." :)

Then the parade that afternoon. But hey... it was a payday for all the corps. LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

Man... I wish. LOL.

I have the Maryland Drum Corps Hall of Fame gig that same day.

Oops..... I forgot that..... Sorry.

It has begun...

In from the pre-shovel shoveling...

Well it's over down here on the gold coast of Conn. we got 2".........wad'ya get?

Well it's over down here on the gold coast of Conn. we got 2".........wad'ya get?

About 24" but huge drifts due to 25 mph + winds.

Took me 5 hrs to shovel today and I still have my car to clear - piles and piles and piles of snow.

Man I'm tired - when did I get so old?

... Man I'm tired - when did I get so old?

Hmmmm ... my guess is that it started somewhere around 1952 ...

:-)

• Like 1

... Man I'm tired - when did I get so old?

Hmmmm ... my guess is that it started somewhere around 1952 ...

:-)

When I was 1?

####, the good years just don't last, do they?

• Like 1

Waiting to hear some tales of fun and sun from Mr Peashey.

After I come in from shoveling.

Have to be ready for tonight's 3 - 6 " before Saturday's 18" which we'll pile I have no idea where, with 12' - 18' walls of snow on both sides of the driveway.

• Like 1

Off topic - although there hasn't been a topic in a while - some amazing players and teachers up for vote in the Buglers' Hall of Fame this winter.

Boggles my mind when I see some of these folks' names and think about their careers.

Glad (honored) that I slipped through the cracks before some of these younger cats started to be considered.

There's one young man up for consideration that played in a group I taught for a year and I taught him not a single thing, while he taught me a pile.

A student of Professor Swan's of course, at the "Shore de Jersey Conservatoire du Trumpet avec Un Valve"

• Like 2

"Conservatoire du Trompette avec un Valve"

That's where the famous Bibliotheque de Arban houses the world's most extensive collection of triple tonguing passages, including the Martin and Wilkie archives.

It's in the Pavilion de Amerigo Laus, right next to the bronze cast of the Bouche de Pepe.

• Like 3