Joe Morello was with Brubeck?? Dang...

LOL, Joe was one of the drum judges at 1978 AL Championships (at least the Sr portion). He rode to the show on one of our corps buses. Remeber him telling some of the drummers (snares?) "You guys should win unless you fall apart, so let's give the crowd a good show. If you see this <hand signal> back it off, it you see this <hand signal> turn it up a bit".

Laugh was the acoustics were so bad, you could't tell which sounds were the corps and which were the coupla echos bouncing around.

Ringo trivia, supposedly he wasn't on the first few Beatles 45s because of his lack of experience doing recording work. Believe he kept changing what he did on each take and it drove the engineers nutz....

You're thinking of Joe Marella, different person

Edited by Fastone

Glad to see Ginger Baker on that list. Insanely good rock drummer.

Glad to see Ginger Baker on that list. Insanely good rock drummer.

i just got news that doug kleinhans is very ill. he's very close to death. he needs our prayers.

Pete Best was the original Beatles drummer ... he was replaced by Ringo just before their US tour because he kept a better "beat" than Pete ...

:-)

Think ol' Pete released an album called "Best Of The Beatles" after he was cut and the Fab 4 got hot. Tha lawyers were not amused....

Thanks for the clearing up of Joe Morella/o.... After I posted I thought the age wasn't right or I didn't know my Brubeck history (well, yes to both). LOL, around 1959 Mr M with an A would have been hanging with Vasella.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

doug kleinhans info.

“Doug has been in and out of the hospital in Medina, NY...He is not doing well...His white blood cells are elevated, He is 6'2" tall and was down to 128 lbs..Ruth Ann said he looked like a refuge from Hitler's concentration camp...He is feeling better since being off chemo and food tastes better to him now...The chemo had taken care of a tumor on his kidney, but now he has a spot on his lung...He may be going back home in a day or two. I asked her to tell Doug that many of his drumming buddies have been asking about him...”

If you would like to send him a card, his address is:

Douglas Kleinhans

11388 Main St.

Shelby Center, NY 14103

ringo was not with the original beatles. and i believe he wasn't even a drummer. he was god awful.

Actually Ringo was a much better drummer than people think, he kept a very solid pocket which in a lot of ways is way more important than playing a million notes. I remember reading a discussion by other professional drummers in Drummerworld a couple of years ago in which he was pretty highly spoken of for his ability to be "on point" timing-wise and his ability to lay down odd time signatures and polyrhythmic patterns with relative ease. The music the Beatles played didn't require him to solo and that wasn't his thing anyway, but to say he was god awful is just not true.

Actually Ringo was a much better drummer than people think, he kept a very solid pocket which in a lot of ways is way more important than playing a million notes. I remember reading a discussion by other professional drummers in Drummerworld a couple of years ago in which he was pretty highly spoken of for his ability to be "on point" timing-wise and his ability to lay down odd time signatures and polyrhythmic patterns with relative ease. The music the Beatles played didn't require him to solo and that wasn't his thing anyway, but to say he was god awful is just not true.

frank that's my story and i'm stcking to it. you can rationalize it all you want be he was god awful. but that's my opinion and we all have them.

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 453 ?

Uniform looks a little familiar.

So does the stadium ... the bleachers at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, I believe ...

:-)