Geez Fish - he already looked old in that picture!

Did you crop Sully out of the picture, or was he doing the little dance at that point?

As the years went bye, he seemed to get younger.....maybe the inspiration for Benjamin Button!

since I just got out of the hospital, let me with complete reverence to one of late great men in the activity...

Harvey Olderman

Welcome back to the fray, Tom!!! :thumbup:

Scully, wow there is a name I have not heard in years

A fixture at the Barnum Festival for seemingly forever.

"I'm a personal friend of Harvey Olderman!!!" :thumbup:

A fixture at the Barnum Festival for seemingly forever.

"I'm a personal friend of Harvey Olderman!!!" :thumbup:/>

Oh my God...I'll never forget when we were up there in 85, and Bart, one of the crazier guys I knew in Bucs, was sitting in the front seat of the bus, and he walked on the bus and asked us who we were...Bart goes "we're the Blue Devils!" Scully goes "Welcome Blue Devils! I hope your trip out here was good, I'm a personal friend of Harvey Olderman!" I'm sitting there dying! Later on he was on his cart flirting with all the guard girls...I hope I'm like that when I'm his age! :tongue:

"I'm a personal friend of Tony White!" :thumbup:

Oh my God...I'll never forget when we were up there in 85, and Bart, one of the crazier guys I knew in Bucs, was sitting in the front seat of the bus, and he walked on the bus and asked us who we were...Bart goes "we're the Blue Devils!" Scully goes "Welcome Blue Devils! I hope your trip out here was good, I'm a personal friend of Harvey Olderman!" I'm sitting there dying! Later on he was on his cart flirting with all the guard girls...I hope I'm like that when I'm his age! tongue.gif

"I'm a personal friend of Tony White!" thumbup.gif

Ben, guaranteed you'll do a LOT better if you stick with "I'm a personal friend of Fran Haring!"....worthy.gifshutup.gif

Ben, guaranteed you'll do a LOT better if you stick with "I'm a personal friend of Fran Haring!"....worthy.gifshutup.gif

That would have been TOO easy! :rolleyes:/>

Edited by Jaminbenb

welcome back Tom.....I hope all is well and for Fran, will I see you in Wildwood? You can't miss me....the short guy under the mushroom in the middle of the field

Guido

Info on Harvey from the Hurricanes Hall of Fame.....

Olderman, Harvey *

Harvey Olderman, the “Captain of the Hurricanes,” was a charter member of the John H Collins Post Fife Drum and Bugle Corps in 1932. He played a fife in the early years and eventually switched to the color guard in the early 50’s. He was soon elevated to the position of Color Guard Sergeant of the Hurcs in 1955.

Harvey, the dapper haberdasher and true gentleman that he was, was the popular figurehead of the Hurricanes. His charismatic demeanor and presence made him a fan favorite as he led the Hurricanes onto the field past his 89th birthday! He was a true ambassador of the drum corps activity for all those years, and was recognized as such, being honored as one of the six charter members of the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame in 1976.

Harvey passed away following the 1985 season, at age 89, and remains the longest tenured member in the history of the Hurricane organization. He marched for 54 consecutive years, with a distinction, along with George Biancarelli, of having been a part of every championship achieved by the Corps.

• Like 2