Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 486 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

"Mystery Guest Sign In Please":

This is almost tooooooooo easy. The gentleman pictured here is one of THE BEST "Middle Voices" on the planet. BHOF member, vet of Archer Epler, Yankee Rebels, Reading Buccaneers (And their Alumni Corps), marched in the USMC "8th & I" corps "Back in the Day".

Over to ya'all.....

Elphaba

That would have been TOO easy! rolleyes.gif

At least you'll have a shot at getting "Cool! I know him!" as a reply.... shutup.gif

He wasn't the only one that 1985 season finished...

man that was a tough year...

Yea, not my favorite season either... blink.gif (I learned of Harvey's passing when Donna and I "returned" to the activity (as spectators) in 2005)

Hoping there's no misunderstanding, I am VERY grateful that I'm still here, in that Bridgeport hospital in 85, the doctors told Donna I wouldn't be...worthy.gif

"Mystery Guest Sign In Please":

This is almost tooooooooo easy. The gentleman pictured here is one of THE BEST "Middle Voices" on the planet. BHOF member, vet of Archer Epler, Yankee Rebels, Reading Buccaneers (And their Alumni Corps), marched in the USMC "8th & I" corps "Back in the Day".

Over to ya'all.....

Elphaba

One of the best people ever in the drum corps activity.

A class act all the way.

yes? no? maybe?

Yes. That's the guy.

From what I remember, he used to wear a red, white and blue sport coat-pants-shoes-hat ensemble at the Barnum.

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 486 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

one of his many uniforms

Yes. That's the guy.

From what I remember, he used to wear a red, white and blue sport coat-pants-shoes-hat ensemble at the Barnum.

ok, yes. And he always wore a snazzy tie. He was a celebrity by association! LOL

Sweet guy!

I have pics of him somewhere here in the archives...

Edited by NanciD

ok, yes. And he always wore a snazzy tie. He was a celebrity by association! LOL

Sweet guy!

I have pics of him somewhere here in the archives...

I looked all over for a pic of Scully....I hope you find one! He was quite a character, as everyone remembers. Dressed in a red blazer, white pants, white shoes, colorfull bowtie and straw hat, he was everywhere at the Festival for many years. Although he was never associated withe the Hurcs he always carried a framed, 8"x!0", photo of Harvey telling everyone in ear shot that he's "A personal friend of Harvey Olderman"........of course this used to embaress Harvey and he'd usually head in the opposite direction when he spotted Scully, but I think Harvey found him to be ammusing as well!

A tip of the hat followed by a soft shoe dance (George Burns style) and he'd be on his way...He did have alot of energy and festive demeanor about him.

• Like 1

one of his many uniforms

OK, I'll chip in - born in Stoughton MA where he lived near Tony and Neal Smith of BAC, BD, North Star fame. Most of the people who know and love this guy don't associate him with Boston area drum corps. He made his mark (much) further South...

Who's next?

Edited by rayfallon