OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

moreno.jpg

Post-1980 D.C.I.-- Rita Moreno visits with some of her favorite Men in Green following a show in Chicago

Yeah, she had the hots for Cavies on the 1980 telecast . . . and it showed! :laugh:

Is that Jeff Fiedler, second from the left in back?

Great photo. Thanks for posting it!

June 1976 edition of Information Drum Corps, an advertisement

76-idc07.jpg

Owwww . . . my eyes, my eyes!

The only thing worse than '80s fashion is '70s fashion. Egad, what were we thinking?

Egad, what were we thinking?

Hah! I'll bet you got your white go-go boots stashed in the closet --- waiting for a comeback.

Yeah, she had the hots for Cavies on the 1980 telecast . . . and it showed! :laugh:

Is that Jeff Fiedler, second from the left in back?

Great photo. Thanks for posting it!

Yep, that's Jeff. Other faces I recognize - Dave Flynn on the left; Tracy Freeman (who's knee Rita is sitting on); looks like Chris Hartowicz on the right and a smidgen of Ma Gengler.

Edited by elayes

Yep, that's Jeff. Other faces I recognize - Dave Flynn on the left; Tracy Freeman (who's knee Rita is sitting on); looks like Chris Hartowicz on the right and a smidgen of Ma Gengler.

Wait a second--is one of her sons Doug Gengler, bari player? If it is then I went to HS with him and we both went to school with Rod Blagojevich, the impeached Illinois Governor. Six degrees...

On July 1, 1977 Alberta All Girls B performed for the A corps at noon and 5:00 p.m., on the Avenue in front of old City Hall. They were on the 6 o’clock news. The sisters went to Southern Alberta for their first tour and interior British Columbia for second tour. The ‘traveling 4’ were instructors for the A and B corps but when we went across the pond, the little sisters continued with the techs of which many were ex marching members.

1977-b-band.jpg

Any chance you can get all the girls together for a Reunion Performance at the DCA some year? ... Could be a momentous occasion!

:-)

Hah! I'll bet you got your white go-go boots stashed in the closet --- waiting for a comeback.

LOL, I never even owned a pair of white go-go boots! My parents didn't believe in keeping up with the latest fashions, and we didn't have enough money for that anyway, so we weren't allowed to have a lot of that stuff. At the time, I absolutely hated it, but now, looking back on family photos from that time, my clothes aren't as scary as a lot of what was passing as fashion at that time.

Now, when the '80s rolled around and I was earning my own money -- hence, finally had some disposable income to spend on clothes -- ugh, it ain't a pretty picture! The preppy phase wasn't too bad, but then when MTV hit the scene, suddenly I had flaming red hair, stirrup pants, mismatched pajama sets, shoulder pads up to my earlobes, and earlobes weighed down by earrings the size of pop cans! Thankfully, those all went the way of the Salvation Army (and they were desperately in need of salvation) long ago! :laugh: