OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

I know we always wore ours right to left ... like everybody who ever wore a cadet style. :rolleyes:

Puppet

Got any more photos :-) I want to say, how are you :-)

got some but waiting for copyright :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...

My attempt to put together puzzle pieces of the past with memorabilia, photos and a 1977 travel log entitled ‘My Trip’. The following 4 posts are collectively called ‘The Recordings’. ‘July 27, 1977, a cloudy day…up early 6:30 am….Canterbury had few spectators…Dover Castle neat…Walmer Castle, Henry VIII, nice gardens…Deal Castle, Caesar, taped the show…4 performances today, can you imagine!’

77-castles-c.jpg

1977 Alberta All Girls performance at Dover Castle; (it was a 10 week tour, if a member was sick, she’d stay behind, features were duets and elastic drill design, our other uniforms were being laundered that day, that’s me on the right in white, oh my ;-)

77-dover2.jpg

Edited by lindap

‘Aug 5-8, 1977…performances in Rotterdam, Haarlem, Nijkerk, Zandvoort, Amsterdam, Ijmuiden, Scheveningen…met Lia and Bron who have a movie camera with sound, a Cinon 8055…taped the show in Nijkerk…’ 1977 Alberta All Girls performance in Nijkerk, photo by Pieter Pannevis

1977-aag-aug3-enhanced.jpg

‘Sept 9, 1977 Enfield England…rehearsed Bridgemen ending…a man from Polydor came to assess placement and number of mics needed…was impressed with the girls’ rehearsal…Sept 10, 1977 cloudy cold…section practice…went to Wimbledon Stadium for field show at Spedeworth race…to Wembley Music Centre just before midnight for a recording session…going to be a long night…’ 2 pages of my doodles

1977-aag-recording1-a.jpg

1977-aag-recording2-a.jpg

‘Sept 11, 1977…Basildon Youth Band contest…met Kevin from 2nd. Brighton Scout Band “The Marching Ambassadors”…traveled 2 hours to Hadfield Drum and Trumpet Band Competition…we did the fall down at the end of our show…after we got up the crowd cheered…we were in good spirits again’. Fall down photo courtesy of Mike Duffy

1977FallDown-a.jpg

‘Sept 12, 1977 time off in London, Globe, Lyric, Queen’s Theatres, Piccadilly, Trafalgar, Oxford and more…Paul McCartney and Wings recorded at Wembley Music Centre…Iggy Pop…Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club…had our banquet at Grosvenor House…met Norman Sheffield, a producer. Sept 13, 1977 packed everything except instruments…2 – 6 pm recording session in Great Room at Grosvenor…back to Enfield, representatives of Hadleigh Boys Band and Hackney & Islington Youth Band “The Blues” said goodbye…finished packing throughout most of the night, left for the airport 7:00 am and arrived home later that day.’ 3 photos I took of the Great Room

77-recording1-c.jpg

77-recording2-c.jpg

77-recording3-c.jpg

Colleen and her committee spent years and countless hours collecting contact information for Alberta All Girls reunion of 2006. As they were compiling memorabilia and recordings, I asked about the 1977 recording sessions. We had no copy. (I’d taken my little hand held audio cassette tape recorder to Europe which I’d bought in 1976 so’s I could practice being a GE judge). “Oh”, I said, “would you like my cassette tape of our performance in Nijkerk Aug 6/77?” Long story short, our reunion CD has music from 72, 73, 74, 75 and 77. It’s kinda neat comparing the July 27/77 and Aug 6/77 recordings and how much better we sounded less than 2 weeks later :tongue:

Edited by lindap

• 2 weeks later...
moreno.jpg

Post-1980 D.C.I.-- Rita Moreno visits with some of her favorite Men in Green following a show in Chicago

Dave Flynn, Jeff Fiedler, John Anderson, Rich Shepard (aka, Slick), might be me in the background, not sure, not sure, not sure, Wayne Barth, not sure, don't remember, Mike Bockman, Ma Gangler, Chris Hartowitz and Adolph.

kneeling) Joe Shepard, Tracy Freeman, Rita, Jim Anderson, not sure, red hair kid is from the Nash family.

The Nash kid had polio and used crutches but he did march in the Cavalier Cadets. The Nash's had several boys who marched in the Cavaliers through the years. I am sure their kids will be marching soon.

Yes, John and Jim's parents were killed in a car accident on the way to AL. VERY sad. Several Cavaliers, including me, stood guard at their wake.

Ma was corps nurse and a mother to all Cavaliers during those years. I am sure all corps had such incredible women like Ma.

Jeff, well, we all know Jeff.

.. and Adolph is yet again, Corp. Director. He actually looks younger now then he does in this picture :tongue:

Edited by dc oldtimer

• 1 month later...

1984 program scan of the young ladies and gentlemen of Spirit of the Rockies winter guard. Program notes ‘…Calgary’s only entry this year…Spirit are in their 3rd year of competition…average age is 13 years…music chosen is ‘Puttin on the Ritz’, ‘Jumpin’, ‘On Broadway’ (George Benson)…the 1984 schedule is competing at all Alberta Winter Guard contests and Western Dream Pageant in Salem, Oregon on March 24th…’

cg-spirit-c.jpg

http://www.alumnidrumcorps.org/ and History

http://www.alumnidrumcorps.org/index.php?o...8&Itemid=81

edit: Spirit of the Rockies were one of many groups that participated in the ceremonies for 1988 Winter Olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8YcvqtAMY...=video_response

Edited by lindap