From Colts.org

The Reading Buccaneers send their collective heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Bianca, Erin, their families and everyone in the Colts' extended family. Such heart-wrenching news to read.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bianca has completed her journey

Greg, Vicky, and the entire Colts organization, and especially the family and friends of Bianca.

Our prayers and condolences are with you. We wish you peace and comfort at this difficult time.

The Teal Sound administration, staff, it's members and parents send our sincerest sympathies to the family and friends of Bianca and the Colts organization. It is moments such as this that make us realize that we are here on this earth for just a short time. Everyone we touch through our journey in life should always leave an everlasting memory along the way.

May Peace and Love be with you!

To live in hearts we leave behind

Is not to die.

~Thomas Campbell, "Hallowed Ground"

This is tough to write. So many thoughts over the past couple of weeks since I learned of this.

First, hug your kids. If their off at school or away from home, call them just to tell them that you love them.

My thoughts and prayers are with Bianca's family. Bianca needs no prayers now...she, as Greg put it, has completed her journey.

People talked a lot about the fagility of life in the course of this thread. Most of my thoughts have their pinnings there.

I worked in higher education for a number of years. I've been the "on call" Student Services" persone for four student suicides and one attempted suicide. A student died of a heart defect in the middle of a pick up volleyball game at a fraternity sponsored "Beach Day!" Life is fragile.

It's not supposed to work that parents bury their sons or daughters, but many have had to do so. I thank God it hasn't ever been my duty. I've buried two parents and that's been tough enough. But, this isn't about me. It's about young people.

I know this forum has many young people in it. And I know what Erin has probably already said and what Bianca probably thought as well. "We did a very stupid thing." No one has dwelled much on this, but I keep coming back to it...I don't know why...maybe it's the way I'm wired. And I know it could be interpreted as inappropriate, or uncaring, or even snarky to discuss so close to Bianca's departure from our world, but I think she'd want us to learn from this tragedy. Who knows, maybe this sounds stupid, but young people have to stop living their lives like cats.

YOU DON'T HAVE 9 LIVES!!! And I know, this is the age where we are encouraging young people to "stretch the envelope" and "discover new things and new ideas." But, along the way, think about that if you truly have and that even if it was 9 lives, 8 of them were used up just getting you to your 18th birthday.

I'm long past that age, but as I think back...it's not hard to see where any of us...in the situation of a drive back home, might just try the same thing these two young people attempted. Now one is gone and the other is in for major recovery. Other vehicles were not involved thank God.

So, I feel horrible that this happened. I pray for Erin, her family and Bianca's family. And I apologize, in advance, if you are offended by my thoughts. Thanks for this forum where we can express them.

On behalf of my son, my family, and, I know that all of the Boston Crusador family will join us in expressing our deepest sympathies at this difficult and tragic time. Just know that our thoughts and prayers are with the families of these beautiful young people.

So, I feel horrible that this happened. I pray for Erin, her family and Bianca's family. And I apologize, in advance, if you are offended by my thoughts. Thanks for this forum where we can express them.

I think it takes courage to express your thoughts. It wouldn't be wrong or surprising that many who are close to these young ladies are supressing feelings of anger. Yes, they did do a stupid thing, and paid a terrible price for it. I just want those who are starting to feel guilt over these feelings of anger that its ok to be angry, frustrated, or whatever definition you want to put on those emotions. It ok to be angry, cause your anger comes out of your love for them. If you didn't love them, or care about what happened to them, then you wouldn't care about their actions.

I know I went through those thoughts when my sister took a header off her horse nearly two years ago, and I spent the day of my birthday in the ICU waiting room wondering if my sister would make it. She did survive, but with a brain injury. She's still recovering, and probably will never be the same. She'd been warned countless times to not even ride, as she'd suffered several concussions, had serious neck/shoulder/back problems from previous tumbles off the horse (that resulted in three previous ambulance rides to the ER). She'd been warned by her doctor that at any time she could end up dead or crippled with the next tumble off her horse. But she continued to ride, and ride wrecklessly. So yes, I was angry with her for being so careless with her life.

So allow yourself the anger and frustration. There's nothing wrong with you if you do. Allow yourself those emotions, so you can free yourself of it, rather than letting it fester inside you. Being angry/frustrated doesn't make you heartless. It just shows how much you care.

Edited by Marianne