From Colts.org

Perhaps it was at the request of the corps.

I cleared it with the Colts before I made the e-mail requests to DCI. Perhaps they found it inappropriate. I haven't a clue, as I never received a response.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cleared it with the Colts before I made the e-mail requests to DCI. Perhaps they found it inappropriate. I haven't a clue, as I never received a response.

I think it's unfortunate that you did not recieve a response.

They may have a policy or might be afraid to set a precedent, but I believe this could have been handled very easily through their website News area.

<HEADLINE> Tragedy Strikes Colts Organization

<BODY> A brief (very brief news type description about what happened) one paragraph

<LINKS) For more information, please click <here> the Colts website.

I don't think that would have been out of the ordinary of what they have done in the past with news submissions.

ColtsMomSqrd:

Try sending your request again. This time, copy Ricky Fritzsching (ricky@dci.org) and Dan Acheson (dan@dci.org) and be sure to include your concern/disappointment that this article has yet to be posted on the DCI website.

ColtsMomSqrd:

Try sending your request again. This time, copy Ricky Fritzsching (ricky@dci.org) and Dan Acheson (dan@dci.org) and be sure to include your concern/disappointment that this article has yet to be posted on the DCI website.

Again, Kevin - you are the best! Thank you. I will send the request to them now.

ColtsMomSqrd:

Since I'm retired and have nothing better to do, I called the DCI offices about this a few minutes ago. I was told that there will be something posted on this on DCI.org, possibly later tonight or early tomorrow. DCI had been asked to hold off on posting anything until they were asked to do so, and were sensitive to the privacy of the families and the Colts organization. I think we can all understand that.

It is truly a tragedy whenever we must mourn the loss of the young lives that we celebrate on the field each summer.

My thoughts and prayers are with both families. I cannot even imagine...............

This is indeed a real tragedy.

I have been very impressed with how the director of the Colts has handled this situation. He has been personally involved with

the families since it happened and is a great example of "family" that is the Colts and is drum corps. His updates on their web

site have helped keep Bianca and Erin in the prayers of many.

I also went to the web site of the local TV station (that the Colts put on their web site) that linked a video of a news segment about

Bianca's passing. It mentioned that the Colts planned to discuss the accident with their members including exactly how it happened

and "driving safely". I'm sure that decision came from the director and he is right to do so.

There have been some that have stated discussing the cause of the accident was not the proper thing to do and I understand

why they may feel that way. I do, however, think that discussing it on this forum is indeed appropriate and may help a young

person "think twice" before making a bad decision.

On the TV interview the Colt's director made a comment that I think all of us can relate to. It was along the line of "we have all

done "stupid" things in our youth for which we got a second chance. For this choice, Bianca got no second chance."

I plan to to discuss this with my band kids tomorrow just to reinforce that we are not guaranteed a second chance.

My thoughts and prayers to Bianca's family and her Colt's family.

As the parent of both an 18 year-old and a 20 year-old, I cannot immagine the pain that their parents must be going through. I can only hope that whatever faith that they have will bring them some small measure of comfort in the days ahead.

If only there was some way for us to shoulder some of that burden for them....

Bravo to the Colts organization for taking this tragedy, and using it to educate the membership, and indeed all drum corps, on traffic safety. Its so very sad that the lessons that will be learned came with such a high price.

Edited by Jocko the Wonder Llama