Cadets 2008 Program!....

I don't really think that's respectful...Mr. Ticheli had a very clear intent on what the piece is to be about. It is beautiful, though, I do agree.

Ticheli voiced word and personal approval for the Cadets to use his music. He did back in finals for the Cadets before they went on.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show sounds wonderful so far, but every time I read the title I think of the old Stan Freberg album Life in the United States where Freberg-as-Ben Franklin talks about the "purfuit of happineff".. :rolleyes:

Anticipating the musical 1776 in a satirical way, Stan Freberg included a segment about the signing of the Declaration in his album The United States of America Volume One to satirize the then-recent "Red Scare". Freberg affected an aged voice to play Franklin, who is skeptical about signing the Declaration document: "You go to a few 'harmless' meetings; sign a few 'harmless' papers; and forget all about it. Years later you wind up in front of a Committee!" Freberg then goes on to sing a song called "A Man Can't Be Too Careful What He Signs These Days". Franklin also asks Jefferson about his spelling. "Life, liberty, and the purfuit of happineff"? (This is a reference to the long S.) Jefferson assures him that this is in, "very in."

Purfuit of Happineff

SOUNDS ALOT LIKE a REHASH show. :rolleyes:

I hope its not ..

not alot of luck with these rehash shows.

1985 -

1986 -

1987-appalachian spring

1988-third symphony

2005 -the zone

2006-the zone

2007 -this I believe

2008- pursuit

Edited by THE ORIGINAL

1985 copland pieces

1986 copland pieces

You mean Bernstein? The corps did Bernstein 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1990, 1991, 1994, 2002 and 2005...correct me if I've left out some years.

Plus 1988 is amazing and vastly underrated.

SOUNDS ALOT LIKE a REHASH show. :thumbup:

I hope its not ..

not alot of luck with these rehash shows.

1985 -

1986 -

1987-appalachian spring

1988-third symphony

2005 -the zone

2006-the zone

2007 -this I believe

2008- pursuit

Nice. Anybody can pick and choose a set of data points and manufacture a trend, but only if you ignore all of the other data. Lets look at some other data

1982 - Rocky Point

1983 - Nuff Said

1984 - Berstein

1985 - more bernstein, more win

1990 - more of the same, more of win

1992 - Holsinger

1993 - Faster, higher, and louder Holsinger

1984 - WSS

1994 - WSS was not half bad

:smile:

not to mention all the other amazing 'part 2' shows out there, dont by madison, scv, and others. By your logic, since the cavaliers lost in 2003 with a concept show, they should stay away from concept shows entirely because they are inherently unsuccessful... :doh:

1982 - Rocky Point

1983 - Nuff Said

this one was the one .

1984 - Berstein

1985 - more bernstein, more win

1990 - more of the same, more of win

different shows different ideas. -sorry

1992 - Holsinger

1993 - Faster, higher, and louder Holsinger

2nd one -yes

not to mention all the other amazing 'part 2' shows out there, dont by madison, scv, and others. By your logic, since the cavaliers lost in 2003 with a concept show, they should stay away from concept shows entirely because they are inherently unsuccessful... :thumbup:

82 /83 -yes but 82 was really good

92 /93 yes but 92 was really good.

yes , part 2 shows do work for corps just not the Cadets.

JMO

I was really hoping for something different. :( I loved their 07 show, but I must admit, I'm not looking forward to this "part 2" concept. I'm not sold on the musical selections yet, either, though I felt the same way in 07, and boy did they make me eat my words. It's going to be well done no matter what, so I really look forward to seeing the show.

Is this show going to have a door also?? :thumbup: