Marching shoe recommendations?

MikeN

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...something leather that breathes! Plastic stuff will cook my feet...

I'm looking for some plain leather military-style uniform shoes....

Yes, wearing shoes to march a parade is a generally a good idea. :ph34r:

I've also found that comfortable shoes are of the utmost importance when I'm standing on the side of the road watching a parade. :tongue:

Fran

'Nother vote for MTX here....I broke mine in during Dream's first show in 05 and had no problems with them in 2 years.

now Dinkles? Ick.....I used mine as dress shoes for work for awhile....but I was sitting down in them most of teh day...

Glad to know i'm not the only one that uses my marching shoes as dress shoes lol :tongue:

As a "senior" DC member..I think comfort is the issue. Im not marching at the moment(but I DO think about marching with Cabs alums at some point) AFTER BACK SURGURY(COURTESY OF PLAYING FOOTBALL AT CORNELL)I think Nike's..painted white..would be my only option LOL

:tongue:

Another vote for MTX. No Dinkles, DEFINITELY no Drillmasters. Bates (or as we called them in Blue Stars, bucks) are good, but not cheap, and definitely difficult to work with if you don't get a good fit right off the bat. We wore white bucks up until 2002, very solid shoes. I still have mine around here somewhere, though I don't have much use for them.

The only thing worse then Dinkles are Corpsmasters. CM's arnen't bad on a field, but Dinkles are horrable everywhere, I've had 3 pair and each one gave me horrable problems, I absolutly refuse to wear them, probibly just me, I may have a weird foot, but my vote goes to Bates and MTX. Word of warning on Bates, try them on with gel soles in them, something that rounds up in the heel, if you get them and then put insoles in them, you will be very very sorry. They are built for functionality, they're comfortable by accident. And they're easy to clean and polish, windex works best. My only gripe with MTX is that they're a pain to polish with normal wax, it keeps flaking on me, but the sponge stuff works just fine. Otherwise a tough fairly durable comfortable shoe.

Actaully Ive worn the same pair of Dinkles for 4 years now in all conditions and they have held up very well. I think its silly to think that one type of shoe will suit all foot types best however.

This years drill is going to be a bit more challenging than previous years so I may look for something a little less "comfy" and a bit more nimble, at least for the field shows.

Edited by Scerpella