Marching shoe recommendations?

MikeN

Hey, all -

I need to buy a pair of black marching shoes for an upcoming parade. I haven't had to buy any in... wow... a *loooong* time. Does anyone have suggestions about good quality shoes? I've been looking on some corps websites, so I have a basic idea of what's out there, and cost isn't really an object.

Thanks!

Mike

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just my opinion, Mike, but if you aren't planning on marching regularly - say, every day like on tour - I don't think you'll find an appreciable difference. Although I am sure you don't want to go super cheap and risk a poorly constructed and ill fitting shoe.

I like the MTX shoes i have had for about three years - very comfortable and 'broken in' right out of the box. I use gel inserts to add more cushion, especially comfortable for parading.

I started with Drillmasters and my feet would kill me at the end of the day. I switched to MTX, and this will be my 5th year using them. I would never want to use anything else. (Except for maybe my Clarks or Rockports :withstupid: )

I have Plantar Faciitis, so what made the difference for me, was to get some good insoles. I get the ones that support the heal and arch but are only 3/4 the length of the shoe. I haven't had a problem since.

I also am a huge fan of the MTX. They're about as close to sneakers as you could possibly get. They don't feature the "rolled heel" but to be honest, I haven't found that it makes much of a difference. I've also used Performance Plus and Dinkles. Performance plus were probably the most uncomfortable thing I ever put on my feet (I threw them on top of my high school after I found out I'd never have to wear them again). Dinkles are a little better, but to be honest if you're going to be marching in long parades, you want something comfortable that will support your feet.

Just my $0.02 :)

ANYTHING but drillmasters!!!

I used drillmasters in College and they didn't last a single COLLEGE marching band season!

I used Dinkles in both HS and in Drum Corps and I've had very few complaints.

Heard nothing but good things about MTX so I'd probably go that route.

Edited by CorpsBuff

'Nother vote for MTX here....I broke mine in during Dream's first show in 05 and had no problems with them in 2 years.

now Dinkles? Ick.....I used mine as dress shoes for work for awhile....but I was sitting down in them most of teh day...

Triton Style Plus...I wear them for much more than marching. They are really comfortable.