The Latest on Barbara

Hi all.....

This is a "bad news and good news" update on how my wife Barbara's doing:

First, the bad news...... Barbara suffered a seizure last night (Friday night).....and was taken to the hospital for tests.

The good news......she was released early this morning, and is back home resting, none the worse for the wear other than being really tired and a bit groggy, since she's been taking some painkillers. She's also been placed on an anti-seizure medication that the doctor says should help prevent any further episodes.

I know it's not uncommon at all for stroke survivors to have a seizure.... but nonetheless, this scared the daylights out of me. It happened right around 10 PM... we had spent the evening watching TV, on the Internet, and just generally relaxing.

Out of nowhere, Barbara starting shaking violently and could not speak or move her limbs.... I thought she might be having another stroke. The EMT's came and got her to the hospital, and told me that she started coming around during the ambulance ride. She was given a CT scan, and then by the time I had a chance to see her she was once again talking, moving her limbs, and so forth ( well, at least moving her left leg as much as it will move for now!!!)

Bottom line.... it was a good scare, but nothing really more than that. We move ahead from here, and are looking forward to spending Christmas Day at home!!!!

Happy Holidays to everyone... I cannot thank you all enough for all your support over the past several months!

Fran

Fran I don't know the medical ramifications of all this but I can be thankful that Barbara has recovered. Merry Christmas to all of you and a Happy New Year.

Fran,

It's just good to know that you and Barb will be at home together on Christmas.

We can accept these occasional setbacks, provided the trend continues for the better - as it apparently is.

Please know that the thoughts and prayers continue - and I know I speak for many others when I say that.

Andy

Fran,

Thank you for posting this update. Our prayers are still (and have always been) with you and Barb. If it's OK with you, Donna and I will call to talk to you tomorrow (Sunday)

Hope Barb is feeling better...

Tony

Edited by TennTux

Having a son who is Epileptic, I can attest that a siezure will absolutely scare the cr@p out of you.

Thank God that everything is all right. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to both you and Barb.

Our Prayers are always with you.

I have a bright orange I&E pass and a front row seat for the Barb at I&E next year. I'll be sure that the Clarion and Convention Center has an express lane for her to travel through the venues.

Dick and Peggy

Having a son who is Epileptic, I can attest that a siezure will absolutely scare the cr@p out of you.

Merry Christmas

everything Jocko said is what i would have said.

the only thing i can possibly add to that is that i wish you and Barbara a blessed, happy and healthy 2008.

:tongue::tongue::thumbup:

Merry Christmas

Also second since my wife Kris also has a seizure condition which is (almost) 100% under control with meds. And a seizure of any type will wear you out so don't be too surprised/concerned if it takes a while for Barb to bounce back from it. Seems that having the muscles tightening up that much is like running a marathon (one of the quotes I remember).

Fran if either of you have any seizure type questions, feel free to PM. We're both pulling for you guys...

Also second since my wife Kris also has a seizure condition which is (almost) 100% under control with meds. And a seizure of any type will wear you out so don't be too surprised/concerned if it takes a while for Barb to bounce back from it. Seems that having the muscles tightening up that much is like running a marathon (one of the quotes I remember).

Fran if either of you have any seizure type questions, feel free to PM. We're both pulling for you guys...

I appreciate the info and the perspective, Jim. She is pretty wiped out by this whole thing. In fact she's so tired she hasn't given me any orders to do anything yet today....LOL

Fran

I appreciate the info and the perspective, Jim. She is pretty wiped out by this whole thing. In fact she's so tired she hasn't given me any orders to do anything yet today....LOL

Fran

All my best, and it is good to see her home. That must have been one heck of a scare!