Question about the 150

Need help from some of you in the know.

We moved from 128 to 135 now to 150 members. Most corps seems to have had approx 72 horns, 36 guard, 2 drum majors and 9 snares, 5 basses, 4 tenors with about 7 in the pit to make up that 135 corps size.

Now that we're changing to 150 members, has anyone heard how some of the corps are going to do the 150? I heard Madison has a cymbal line this year and The Cavaliers were going to use more guard. I thought some of that 150 number were to be for “prop movers”. Some of the corps now bring a lot of props on the field, ala, Blue Coats and their screens Crown with their fences, Cadets with the door, etc., So would those prop movers just move equipment around?

Just a question but where are these new 15 members going to be? Be nice to see all the brass lines go up to 88 and crank up the volume!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need help from some of you in the know.

We moved from 128 to 135 now to 150 members. Most corps seems to have had approx 72 horns, 36 guard, 2 drum majors and 9 snares, 5 basses, 4 tenors with about 7 in the pit to make up that 135 corps size.

Now that we're changing to 150 members, has anyone heard how some of the corps are going to do the 150? I heard Madison has a cymbal line this year and The Cavaliers were going to use more guard. I thought some of that 150 number were to be for “prop movers”. Some of the corps now bring a lot of props on the field, ala, Blue Coats and their screens Crown with their fences, Cadets with the door, etc., So would those prop movers just move equipment around?

Just a question but where are these new 15 members going to be? Be nice to see all the brass lines go up to 88 and crank up the volume!

In an ideal world...

5 more contras (I refuse to use the 'T' word)

5 marching cymbals

5 marching cowbell

I predict a ton more cymbals, and every corps should now have two screamers!

7 contras, 7 baritones, one piccolo flute... HAHA i am so kidding ! add an extra screaming soprano on top. a friend of mien as always said a hornline oh 45 baritones 15 contras 1 soprano ( for screaming notes) one mello (for cool licks ) is all you would ever need

I don't have numbers on this, but I don't think that many corps fielded 72 horns out of 135. So, I think 72 will become the new 64. Hopefully some more cymbal lines. Probably a couple spots will go to the pit. Doubt that drumlines will grow except for cymbals. The rest will go to guard.

1 might go to a member majoring in sound recording to run the mixing board, if that passes.

We won't need 88 brass to crank up the volume, just one sound engineer and a knob. <DUCK!>

(FWIW, I'm hoping for more cymbal lines and more low brass, specifically.)