Where did you sleep on the bus?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I slept in the bus seat. Didn't matter which one. I would sleep every time I got on the bus, even if it were just going to a show site from the housing site. I kinda regret sleeping all the time. I missed out on seeing some of the sites across the country. We used to torture one of the guys who slept on the floor. We would touch his face with stuff like thread, or whatever, and he thought it was a fly. It got so bad he used to sleep with and old drum head he found over his face.

The first three years, in the seat. After a couple bus accidents, though, I became one of those people who stayed up talking to the driver all night.

I would sit in my seat upright with my sunglasses on all night. Nobody really knew if I was sleeping or not. :shutup:

On the floor under the seat, in the aisle or with whichever girlfriend I was with, under a blanket.

I'm 6'4" and luckily was skinny in my drum corps days, so I usually slept in the seat aisle, amid spilled soda and garbage. But hey! I could stretch out!

Did you sleep in the seat?

In the luggage rack?

Across a couple seats?

In the "living room" area in the back of the bus?

In the aisle?

Under the seats?

Cuddled with your seat partner?

Against the bathroom wall?

In my seat with a close "friend."

:)

This REALLY helped the night go by quickly! However, when that wasn't the case, I slept under the seats or in the isle. Vertical positioning was just not my forte! Wherever I could get horizontal, it happened at the expense of dirt flying off of shoes when people passed by, or suffocation under the seats, esp. at the higher altitudes. The air conditioning made me itch badly at times, albeit, it was a blessing most of the time.

On the old Colts buses, the centre 4 seats faced each other. In 86, 4 of the Contras had one side and we managed to arrange our legs in some weird sort of criss cross, which meant we all had tons of room. It was no mean feat, seeing as one of us - Hal Kleinsmith - was about 8 feet tall.

By the way, when I arrived on tour at DCM in 86, as a vet (doing a full season from the UK was almost unheard of in those days), the 3 other Contras had actually saved me one of those seats. A stronger feeling of being wanted, I don't think I've ever felt.

Cheers Bart, Hal and Mike!