Phantom Regiment Switches To Dynasty Percussion!

Maybe. Maybe not.

Some corps have agreements that for every horn they sale they get a new one in replace. So why not try to get an all new hornline every year. And SCV uses yamaha since 05 I believe.

I know for a fact that they bought Yamahas in 04 and then Sold and Bought new ones in 07.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs-up:

I... I... I don't believe it....

Also, When I follow the link, on the front page it shows a picture of SCV but to my knowledge Vanguard still uses Yamaha/Pearl. Anyone?

Yea, the main page shows a picture of SCV and the Oregon Crusaders (I think). Neither corps is listed in the artist section. Also, the artist section still lists: Lehigh Valley Knights, East Coast Jazz and the Kiwanis Kavaliers.....all three defunct as far as I know.

Maybe the Dynasty webmaster needs a clue?

So Phantom switches to Dynasty Percussion, and you guys are talking about brass, think its time to bring out the.........

:thumbs-up: emoticon :tongue:

as long as they dont move to Jupiter I'm happy...there's not much else in Rockford...save Beef-a-roo....

Phantom Regiment is pleased to announce a new partnership with DEG/Dynasty USA Music Products. Under this three-year agreement, Phantom Regiment will utilize DEG/Dynasty USA percussion equipment in all field and stage performances.

Ewww. Sorry front ensemble. But not surprised, as Rennick is a Dynasty artist.

Is King Low Brass worth that trumpet/mello sound? IMO, no, it's not. Crowns hornline improved drastically in 2007, I believe with help from Yamaha. I understand the King Euphs deliver a great, deep, pure sound, but thats about all King has going for it.

Dynasty Percussion for Phantom, probably to help alleviate some of that debt, Dynasty offered better sponsorship I'm assuming. Now Phantom switching to Jupiter Horns, hah, that'd be interesting.

They're not switching because of debt, they are switching because the pearl/adams contract is up and Paul rennick is a dynast artist.

SCV definitely used Dynasty horns in 2003, but i think, as a previous poster mentioned, that they switched to Yamaha in 2004. What is interesting about this article is that Phantom is only signed on for the percussion. Dealers like Dynasty, or Yamaha, who manufacture both percussion and brass instruments usually require that a group use their entire catalog exclusively (in other words, they make you use both the horns and drums).

Edited by i heard from someone

This should not have come as a surprise to anyone that pays even a little attention. And to the person that said sorry to the front ensemble, I gotta tell ya, I've actually had a fairly positive experience with them. And trust me, I was NOT a Dynasty supporter at first. But it's amazing what actually playing on their top products will do to your decision. It has it's issues, but that's why you see guys like Mark Reynolds and Al Murray out with the corps. Getting feedback, even crawling under boards or drilling holes to make it better.

My understanding is that the horns/drums at PR had a different deal and the horn contract was not up for this year but the drums were. I wouldn't be surprised if they've verbally commited to signing on with Dynasty horns for next year when their king contract is up.